1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Words of encouragement

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Ess, May 23, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Ess

Ess Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Feeling a little emotionally vulnerable. The anniversary of the death of my grandpa is tomorrow. My ex's voice brought me comfort when I was feeling emotionally overwhelmed, but she's requested her space. The temptation to text her is strong, but I want to respect her boundaries.

I suppose what I'm needing at the moment falls under the umbrella of comforting words.

2. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Well-Known Contributor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0 / -1
    I am so very sorry Ess<3 I miss my grandpa a lot too, but I lost him many, many years ago, when I was still a kid. I know it can be very, very hard. My mom used to tell me when I was a kid, and this is how I like to look at it now too, the people we love never really and truly leave us. They are always with us, for all of our lives. They live in us, they are a part of us. As long as we remember them, they live forever. I don't believe death puts an end to love either, I think your grandpa will always love you no matter what and that he'd be so proud of who you have become<3

3. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A The Legend of LGBT
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,875 / 0 / -1
    I helped take care of my grandfather when he was dying of cancer.

I helped bath him, feed him toilet duties. and better respect him.

His last three months were in a nurse home as I could not be home all the time, and he needed the added care.

He told me before they took him to the nursing home, that I should be proud of what I did, as he got to be with family.

I did learn a lot from him and understand you missing him.

I am sorry and so happy you have your love for him. Hold that tight and never let it go.

Very long hug filled with love and respect for you - Jo

4. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,591 / 0 / -38
    You should respect your wife's need for her space, but if she cares about you, she may realize that you need comfort right now and that she can have her space later.

Hugs,
    Audry

5. x-amountofgay
    Balanced

x-amountofgay Gaymer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    I never knew either of my grandfathers, as they died long before I was born, but I do understand the pain that comes with the loss of a loved one. I was very close with my aunt and she passed away in 2010 after a battle with brain cancer. Almost a decade later, it stills hurts to pass that anniversary and be reminded of the void she left in my life. As a kid I was always told time would heal the wound, but I don't feel that's entirely true.
    Just remember that your grandfather, wherever his soul has gone to find peace, is in a place where he'll never endure any suffering. I'm sure he loved you very much and wouldn't want you to allow yourself to dwell on the pain too much. He'll always be in your heart along with the memories you have together, and that can never be taken from you.

6. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,591 / 0 / -38
    My Mom and Dad passed 20 and 21 years ago respectively. It still hurts. Time does take the edge off, but there will always be an uncomfortably empty place in my heart and in my life. What I wouldn't give to be able to sit down and have one more talk with my dad, or go to one more off Broadway Musical with my mom -- but I can't and yes, it hurts.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.