1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Woes of a transgender man with schizophrenia

Discussion in 'Disability' started by Mudskipper, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:30 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Mudskipper
    Masculine

Mudskipper Old movie fan
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    So, to start off, I didn't know if I should post this mini rant here or in the transgender group. I decided to post it here due to the main concern being my disability.
    So, I have something called Schizoaffective disorder. In short, it's schizophrenia with a mood disorder. And I'm trans. These things have nothing to do with eachother, though.

Well... not according to my brother. I came out to him recently and thought it went well. Until he went behind my back to talk to my mother, asking if my schizophrenia could "make me think I'm a man." I was, of course, upset by this.
    Well, recently, he called me to tell me this in person and how he thought I should see a new psychiatrist because, obviously, my current psychiatrist can't be trusted because he agrees that I should start hormones. I tried telling him that I don't have a personality disorder and that I experienced dysphoria far before I ever showed syptoms of my disability, but he's persistent.
    Basically, I need help. I don't know how to get him off my case and to listen to me.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.