1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Will you forgive the cheating or not ?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Your fave queer, Oct 7, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Your fave queer

Your fave queer Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I just want your oppinion guys just a random question

2. Kahlan

Kahlan Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -1
    I haven't yet. That may change in the future? *shrug* Whenever I hear stories of that level of forgiveness it makes me realize I still have a few things to learn about love. Maturity is a process, and I haven't achieve that level yet I guess.

3. Tragic

Tragic Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It depends...I guess it depends on the person and whether they will do it again.

4. Your fave queer

Your fave queer Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Yes I agree

5. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Active Veteran
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There are too many variables to this and what did I do to be cheated on (see share blame).

Define cheating.

Sorry but hard to respond to.

6. Guarani
    Happy

Guarani Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 1 / -0
    Depends on the motive, but normally, yes. And forgiving someone is not the same as forgetting and/or not change things in your relationship.
    Forgiving is something on a personal and spiritual level. You do it for yourself to be able to move on. Tackling the problem is a seperate thing.

7. Pixie Poodle
    Wishful

Pixie Poodle Pixie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -1
    Short question asking for a short answer.
    Some can be binary on this. I can't.
    Sometimes yes. Sometimes, hell no.

8. capsicled
    Smug

capsicled Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 0 / -0
    I forgave the first time and even gave another chance to make the thing work between us. In the end, I just got hurt and blamed myself for not being enough.

To answer your question; yes, I can forgive cheating. Life is too short for me to use my energy to something that pointless. But I'm always going to remember it. Because I'm not as naive or soft as I used to be, I probably wouldn't give another chance to a cheater anymore. That shit is not healthy. Empty promises will keep you overthinking whether it will happen again tomorrow or in a month.

9. Iwilldance

Iwilldance Look! There's a girl dancing slowly in the shadow!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +303 / 0 / -0
    Well I would never forgive a person for not treating me with respect. But love is complicated. I would definetely forgive a person for cheating if they did not do it out of lack if respect but because of complicated humanity. I would be the perfect match for a polyamorous because i truly dont care if they have sex with everybody else, as long as i know i mean something to them and they will not let me down.

10. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -8
    This really depends on the person, whom he/she cheated with, and situation.

if the person hasn’t done it for a very long time, but did it by chance with a random stranger—easier to forgive.

If the person has done it a couple of times in his previous relationship, and did it again, I’ll have to break up whomever he had the affair with, because this will never stop in the future.

If the person hasn’t done it for a very long time, but cheated with someone I know, the relationship is completely over and I will punch him in the face before I hear any excuses because it’s a double-betrayal.

#10 zen, Oct 10, 2019 at 3:19 AM
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 3:21 AM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.