1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Why some women are much nicer towards males than females?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by Whynot, Jun 21, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 0 / -5
    I have seen women who prefer their brothers over sisters, or mothers who prefer sons over daughters, or women prefer their male friends over female friends or just in general women act nicer towards males than females. Even if females are much nicer to them than males. Like why women are more willing to screw another woman over than doing that to a man. I feel like men do not have this much of animosity towards each other as much women have towards each other. I am not generalizing but you cannot deny this fact. I bet that all females here got screwed at least once in their lives by another female for no good reason either.

2. unicorndice
    No Mood

unicorndice Helpful Member
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    The short answer: possible insecurity and internalized misogyny.

3. ToniLes87
    Hot

ToniLes87 Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I think that many women feel like they are in competition with other women and subconsciously see them as rivals. In my opinion this happens mostly among straight women in order to get men's attention. I have heard stories like that, especially in a professional environment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Tzap

Tzap Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +209 / 0 / -0
    Male point of view

Humans compete against each other male/male, female/female, male/female (not so much), but its human nature, opposite sexes less competitive purely down to natural reproduction and survival.

5. Jaycee
    Happy

Jaycee Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1 / -0
    I have seen this, but for me personally I don’t really come across it because I’m more masculine.

I have never hung around the really feminine women because I have nothing in common with them. That doesn’t mean to say I don’t have any feminine women as friends because I do but a lot do bitch and gossip.... well I’ve seen that all my life. It makes me laugh to be honest.

so my really feminine women friends just have a laugh with me, because they know I’m never serious about much and I won’t get involved in a bitch fest. I’ll poke fun yes but I won’t bitch. If there is someone I don’t particularly like I just avoid them like the plague.

6. Aracari
    Sunshine

Aracari Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    This behavior is very similar to how my aunt behaves. From the way I see it, she sort of brags about the fact that all her friends are men. It's not in a romantic or sexual way, but more of a way to say "I'm not like other girls," as if hanging out with men makes her "cooler" since she doesn't fit into her internalized misogynistic stereotypes of women.

7. Elissabeth

Elissabeth Curious Explorer
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you 100%. I was going to say something similar but I always read comments first so I'm not repeating . You're right. Well in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. the-other-dave

the-other-dave Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Another reason I can think of is that a lot of straight women like to see men's vulnerable sides. If a man seems down or has a reason to be sad about something, a woman loves the chance to be his shoulder to cry on and offer emotional support.

I'm not saying this is true in all cases, of course plenty of women will comfort each other as well. It's just another angle to consider.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.