1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

Why do you think we like straight people so much (in that way)

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Jade325, Dec 25, 2016.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. Jade325
    Cheerful

Jade325 Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    So I was sitting around, reading threads and hearing about more people that like straight people and I realized: we know when they're gay, or straight. But yet we fall for them anyway. Why do we fall for straight people when we know they're straight?! Is it like the forbidden fruit of life or something? Or are we all just dead inside because we cant get a girlfriend so we go for the next best thing? I'm curious what you guys think. :) 

2. Sir A.G
    Curious

Sir A.G Transgender Guy
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,797 / 1 / -4
    It's probably because there aren't as many gay people around in most areas as straight people meaning that people are more likely to find someone they're attracted to among straight people since there is a wider variety.

3. Jade325
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    well I've always thought of it as gods way of saying "yo! you! yeah you! eat this totally non sacred apple that will most likely get you kicked out of the land of magical rainbows and happiness into the dark with closets. You did it? now get the hell out"

4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,262 / 0 / -14
    When you're young, your hormones make the choices for you. Your hormones don't care if they're straight as long as they're hot.

5. Jade325
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    well I hate hormones then. I hate them. I will officially hate hormones for the rest of my existance

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. DinoMom
    Cowabunga

DinoMom Moldovan Mother of Dragons!
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -26
    My gay friend is always lamenting his attraction to straight men. He pins it down, rather bluntly, on the fact the majority of gay men he meets are over the top effeminate, sleep around, and cause nothing but drama.

#6 DinoMom, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  7. Feverwood

Feverwood Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I think we all have a type we fall for, the last thing we check off if our object of desire / affection is falling for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Zev
    Arsey

Zev is GAYzing At You
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0 / -0
    All my answer/perspective is in this video. Enjoy..

9. Tasha9899
    Batty

Tasha9899 Great Learner
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I don't know why. Like stated above, it very well could be because of the fact of the whole 'lesbian community' being slim to none pickings.

What doesn't help is that most of my straight friends or even acquaintances are very flirty.

My best friend, for example, flirts with me every single day. We happen to both work together and some that we work with have thought that we were a couple. Except, she has a boyfriend and is very pregnant with his child.

Another girl who I work with, who also happens to be straight, has a boyfriend, and who has also recently found out she's pregnant with his child also likes to flirt. Except, she flirts physically as well as verbally. She's one of those 'straight girls' that will purposefully come up behind you and rub your ass and make a comment about it at the same time.

10. Vivid

Vivid sleepy little weeb

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do have that same big problem where everyone thinks that I like them. I think it's because that they're not exactly comfortable with the idea of someone that is attracted to either gender near them, or in any kind of attraction aside from straight. That's my theory with the people around me. The friends that usually find oit I'm bi act almost disgusted, and ask (almost always) if I like them. I'm always saying no though I'm not sure they understand what I mean. I'm never sure what to do in these situations.

11. Feverwood

Feverwood Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Reminds me of a button I saw once.

"Yes I'm bi but I'm not attracted to you."

You could start laughing at the thought they would be attractive, but that would be mean.

Seriously it is their problem but it doesn't take the sting away.

Stay strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Jade325
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    well, I can understand where he's going with. Although I have met gay men that are kind and nothing to do with drama, so maybe he just has horrible luck?

its annoying, I don't get many friends that think like this but that i meet that type of person, its annoying. idk why anyone would be disgusted at anything. I wish humans where less judgemental and less people would think of it as disgusting! its annoying. Humanity, what happened to you??

13. EllJay

EllJay PinksUnderdog
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    This is something I kinda struggle with internally. I'm closeted so I don't have people asking me those questions but instead I am always worried people will think that... I just feel as though everyone knows I'm gay or bisexual... (I haven't quite decided yet). And this makes me feel awkward and it really interferes with my everyday life. I'm unable to just relax and be myself around people because of this worry and I find it really difficult to form friendships with girls especially because I'm just convinced they will be able to tell and therefore they will think I'm automatically attracted to them. Which makes me feel awkward around them even when it's not true. I know it's irrational... But its interfering with my life because I'm unable to completely relax around people. I'm always on my guard and I'm constantly worried I'll give out "the wrong impression"

14. Rai Aubrey
    Cold

Rai Aubrey Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Because the heteros are everywhere!!!
    Okay, I'm joking.
    Sort of...
    Honestly it's more about the person and I know for me that I've had plenty of crushes on straight girls and it's just because they were pretty great. I mean it would have been a lot greater if they were gay but that's the downsides of minorities. I'm looking forward to liking girls that I stand a chance with at least sexuality wise.
    I guess it's really that I'm attracted to girls and their sexuality is always a first and last thought. Like wow she's great...probably straight...okay she is straight...but she's great...but she's not gay...
    Sadly I'm attracted to girls not lesbians and only sometimes these two things are mutually inclusive.

15. Jaiden
    Dreaming

Jaiden A cuddled, not a fighter
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have the worst luck with crushes. Like I always really end up liking people that are in a relationship or are very aromantic and I don't know why. I've never liked a straight girl, but I think it's because my school just has a larger lesbian community

16. Youset
    Meh

Youset Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Because we get to know the person before we know who they sleep with, how infortunate :'(

You got a point there, we tend to forget that we're actually attracted to people of the same sex, not people of the same sex and the same sexual orientation, that's a lot fewer possibilities.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List