1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Why do dating sites all suck?

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Mishey, Nov 19, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. Mishey

Mishey Very new and very shy at first
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    At first I joined all the free sites... but it was all people wanting to hook up or they weren't real and just catfishing. So then I joined match.com and paid, it's still the same.

I'm not looking to hook up, but I've also not been with a woman before. When I mention that, everyone runs for the hills like I have some kind of sickness. And I get it. I was seeing a girl that also had never been with a woman before. When things started to move in the physical direction, she freaked out and bailed. Even though she was setting the pace, I told her I wouldn't make any moves. Her parents were really homophobic and she wasn't out to anyone yet.

So I'm frustrated and feel like I'll be alone forever. I know that is not the case, it just really feels that way.

2. Richie the Rat
    Dreaming

Richie the Rat Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Please, do not feel sorry about that. It's ok! Moreover, I am sure, you should be glad. I've tried to find a partner for... Yep. And at the end I am still a list afraid of sex...

So, maybe you're lucky?) Dating sites - I am sure! - Is not really the place where you can find proper partner...

3. Ambient Dawn
    Creative

Ambient Dawn Lesbian Fiction Author
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mishey,
    Wow, you're only a state away from me. Anyways, I know how you feel though mine is the case that I am a little more experienced but also the fact that I get catfished so easily and tons of fakes. It is hard to find true honest ones, I did end up joining a adult website called Utherverse much like IMVU but very adult like. But you just have to keep looking. You never know though it might not be dating sites you need maybe go to an LGBT bar or something, I am sure their is plenty out there compared to West Virginia(where I am at).

If you need someone, I am here. Sending hugs your way.

~Amber

By the way, I haven't been with a woman in over ten years so I know how you feel.

4. Alex_2019
    In-Love

Alex_2019 Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    I said about this before, though it was more about having an lgbt+ dating site that's friendly to people who are not out and don't want to be on public display.

I have an idea for you and anyone who feels the same, there's a website called Meetup.com , it's a social site that let's people join groups they are interested in, I had a look and there is a new group in your area.

www.meetup.com/Canton-20s-and-30s-LGBT-Women/

The group only has 52 members right now, but the good thing is even if you can't find someone you like in the group, they might have friends, and it gets you out socializing with other women who are just like you.

Hope this helps.

(Side Note) thanks for saying about Catfishing, looked it up on the urban dictionary, I had no idea that was a real thing people did.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.