1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Why am I gay?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Being., Feb 3, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
  1. Being.
    Amazed

Being. "If every step up didnt have a down"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,061 / 1 / -10
    Guys seem to always hate me. I'm not attractive to other men. I don't understand how guys think and always screw up when talking to them cause I'll think they're angry and such. I don't like the same activities as most guys. So why the fuck was I born gay?. I'm so over this.

2. Sir A.G
    Inpain

Sir A.G Transgender Guy
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,582 / 1 / -5
    I think the better question is, "What the hell is wrong with these assholes who think me being gay is a problem?"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Being.
    Amazed

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,061 / 1 / -10
    Not the point of this thread at all.

4. Barefoot
    Horny

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -12
    I don't know but it is similar for me. Added to it is that I like guys much younger than myself. I find plenty of young guys who like old(er) men, but they are always far away; that is because in my country (US) there is "something wrong" with that in a general way; though there are exceptions (but always, so far, too far away). Being gay is not easy. I have a slight attraction to females and have tried to pursue that but it's not strong enough.

These days I simply don't think about it and I pursue my many hobbies and enjoy life as a human without thinking too much about being alone, most of the time, when I am able to disregard the fact. But I am much older than you.

5. Sir A.G
    Inpain

Sir A.G Transgender Guy
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,582 / 1 / -5
    Yesss I figured that, but I still had to say it after seeing the thread title ><

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. daydreamerx

daydreamerx Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    How are you not attractive? That's a lie

7. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,614 / 1 / -27
    it sounds like you're attracted to straight guys, which never works out too well.

8. Being.
    Amazed

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,061 / 1 / -10
    I'm just attracted to guys.

But my point was I don't seem to able to get along with guys (Straight or gay).
    I don't even have any friends that are male. Even online.
    As I said, I always misread signals from men. And it makes me wonder why the frak I was born gay if i cant get along with them for

9. AudryLeigh
    Feminine

AudryLeigh tGirl and Karaoke junkie
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,424 / 0 / -20
    I can't provide any perspective relating to the gay part, but guys are weird - fucking weird. I can hardly walk into a ladies room without there being some girl in there bemoaning the fact that she just cannot understand her boyfriend - what he does, how he thinks, or how he acts. As often as not, she's crying. I have quite a few good friends who are male, but I really don't understand them - I cannot imagine anyone having a relationship with them. Right now, I don't know any gay couples, but all the male/female relationships I know anything about, it seems like there are always significant compromises. Well not compromises really - the girl is always on the giving end, and the guy always seems like "OK, so you changed to accommodate me. Good. Now we don't have to deal with that issue any more." HUH? Where's the balance? The partnership? So many guys just seem like little more than self-centered penises, with hugely inflated egos, who can't even conceive of the fact that they may have a flaw or two. My line is always, "I didn't understand them when I [thought I] was one, I don't understand them now, and I never will. Of course there are always exceptions - right now I know of one. (This probably didn't help. Sorry.)

Hugs,
    Audry

10. Ry1234

Ry1234 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I’m the same, I struggle to understand why straight guys are so interested in being as masculine as possible, like they won’t be seen friends with a gay guy because they think it will effect their ‘masculinity’. I do have male friends, I enjoy their company but as said above I still don’t understand them. There’s only one of my male friends who is comfortable with his sexuality, and doesn’t mind kissing, only if we are drunk but seriously to the maker of this thread, I understand you. Sometimes I ask the same thing, I struggle with fitting in to the ‘lads’ group, and I don’t fit in. But I’ve learnt to accept that and realise that being different is okay. Being my age is hard enough, and being gay really adds onto my problems. I also tend to feel very lonely, as there aren’t many guys around because they aren’t comfortable with their sexuality. Sexuality isn’t talked about enough, sure it’s been accepted but there are still other issues... always here for a chat though

11. liamthomas891
    Fine

liamthomas891 Hivesark
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Don't feel like being gay is a curse or something. You will probably find the guy of your dreams, maybe the only one you can get along with, at some point in your life. It just takes patience.

12. Spob
    Apelike

Spob Expert Homosexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    You seem to be putting too much pressure on yourself. You should just focus on being yourself and what you enjoy in life and in time you will meet someone you do get. I felt like you in a sense. I didn't fit in with what I knew of the culture (back then through tv) I didn't share any common interests with the straight guys at school I was drawn to nor was I attracted to the gays I did know of. But I just got on with life even though I was miserable. Then life got good when I got a job at a gay bar when I was 20. I still had hang-ups but I made some nice friends and found that I did belong somewhere even though we were still so different. Then by luck a new guy started and even though I turned him down because we worked together, we got on so well and it's been the best 8 years of my life.

What about you? Have you got a friendship group you feel comfortable talking to? As for masculinity, you can worry about what people think of you but thats just their opinion of stereotypes. You will find someone who likes you being you, just live your life until then and stay safe.

13. Khoiny

Khoiny Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey, you are unique and you don't have to be angry and ashamed for being gay. You cannot make everybody happy whether straight or gay. You are not attractive to the most guys it doesn't make you ugly just you have not met the right guy. Just relax and think positively!

14. Robbie Styles
    Provocative

Robbie Styles Gay/Maybe Bi
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    All my friends are guys and I think I get along with them pretty well. Your question is a big one though, and I doubt you asked it in a biological sense.

We are born gay, straight, bi, pan, in the wrong body because. Simply because. In my short time on this planet it seems to me that nothing happens for a supernatural reason, same with sexuality. We weren't chosen to be what we are, despite what some priests think, we are not Sims.

As for the getting along with guys thing, I've been in an all boys school since I was seven so maybe that has something to do with it. Talking to people is a skill, my not requested, unwanted advice is to try improve your 'talking to men' skill.

15. lincoln

lincoln Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Not every heterosexual man has the exact same hobbies honey. But there's happen to be a lot of them everywhere so they can find other men that have their exact hobbies, activities etc.
    Since there's not that many of us, it can be a little challenging to find others. And online platform are made for this job.

16. gaymirk

gaymirk Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    finding rite friends is not that easy

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.