1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Whole forum is extremely slow after login

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Lieke, Nov 18, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. MyNameIsLuis

MyNameIsLuis Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Most of the big name hosting companies usually offer low quality servers (or oversold servers) and their services are way overpriced. GoDaddy and HostGator probable being the worst of all.

I've had good experiences with SiteGround and Namecheap though. Namecheap in particular offers great value considering their low prices.

For a forum like this, most (or all) ads will be shown randomly based on keywords found in posts.

2. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -14
    Installed an add blocker but it slowed the site down even more.
    Have never used Chrome. I’m not all that computer literate so a friend who’s a senior server technician for Telstra has set up my Macs which all run the latest version of Safari via a Sun ‘Solaris’ box whose function I have next to no understanding of.
    "For a forum like this, most (or all) ads will be shown randomly based on keywords found in posts.” MyNameIsLuis
    Then how come most of the adds are directed at straight men suffering from the delusion they can take care of twelve women? That ‘keyword software’ needs development.

#22 john1010101, Sep 26, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  3. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -4
    If the adblocker is AdBlock Plus, you can expect exponentially slowing down of the website AND of your computer. I'm using uBlock Origin and whether it's turned on for LGBTChat or not, the loading speed of the forum is the same.

But Audrey said the admin doesn't care much about the forum, so I don't see it moving to a better hosting anytime soon. Though looking at the US and EU prices of hosting and the .net domain, I feel like crying - the greed of the hosting companies is like never before, some of them even require high prices with excluded VAT. I just checked the best Bulgarian hosting company and their prices include VAT which makes them almost twice cheaper than StopDaddy. :D 

[​IMG]

4. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -14
    Can I ask why? Who exactly are ‘admin’ ? Is that the collective body of moderators or someone else?

5. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +225 / 0 / -4
  6. MyNameIsLuis

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    It's James Dean. The photo is fake (I think), but the Dean-Brando romance was allegedly real.

Well, the keywords "men", "women", "dating", "sex", etc., are posted often here, so that would explain the showing of those ads.

You can get the first year of hosting for 29 bucks on Namecheap. You can host unlimited websites, they offer solid state drives, free SSL certificates, free CDN, and a bunch of other features.

I've used their hosting for my websites (and clients' websites) and I couldn't be happier with their service.

7. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -14
    Your response to this question has mysteriously vanished from the server. The member you listed interestingly has made no posts according to their info page. I suspect we’d have a real fight on our hands trying to move this forum given it appears someone has a vested interest in keeping it running on medieval software for their commercial advantage (?)

Now that's truly odd. The post below has re-appeared.
    Never seen anything like that happen before.
    Maybe I'm smoking too much weed?

#27 john1010101, Sep 27, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  8. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ratings:
    +1,020 / 0 / -14
    And how do we imagine that little encounter went? Flip Flop or who on top? Steam is coming out of my ears just thinking about it.

9. MyNameIsLuis

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    LOL. As far as I know Brando was a vers. :D 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.