1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What's your MBTI?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Theory Elias Nygma, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:24 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -15
    What's your MBTI? I find this usually accurate, especially if you end in -A instead of -T. (-A means Assertive. -T means Turbulent. That is, your MBTI results are prone to change)

Here's the test if you haven't done it before.
    https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

The results will show you a very detailed explanation of your determined MBTI personality, but here are some links to a brief overveiw of the personalities.
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/high-level.html
    https://www.personalityperfect.com/16-personality-types/

I'm INTP -A.
    "Logical, original, creative thinkers. Can become very excited about theories and ideas. Exceptionally capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. Highly value knowledge, competence and logic. Quiet and reserved, hard to get to know well. Individualistic, having no interest in leading or following others."

[​IMG]

Dreams Memes and Schemes ;) 

2. Emiliano
    Tired

Emiliano tinopinoribbean
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 0 / -5
    I got ENFJ-T
    “Popular and sensitive, with outstanding people skills. Externally focused, with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually dislike being alone. They see everything from the human angle, and dislike impersonal analysis. Very effective at managing people issues, and leading group discussions. Interested in serving others, and probably place the needs of others over their own needs.”

I like being alone though. But other than that, it describes me pretty well.

#2 Emiliano, Sep 14, 2018 at 5:05 AM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 5:08 AM
  3. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Gay as a Bag of Skittles
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +156 / 3 / -4
    This is SO creepy. I took the test couples ago. I got to another site, anther took yesterday and now you took it. Wow.

I got adventurer. I don't know what the -A and other letters mean. Would like to take more tests like that. To be continued...

4. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -15
    So you are an ISFP. Introvert, Sense, Feeling, Perception.
    -A means your test results are less likely to change. It means you have a steady personality. -T means your personality is either prone to change, or that you're often forced to fake it in order to fit in.

5. River W.
    Jammie

River W. Close the goddamn door
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 1 / -2
    Oh yeah, I've done it before. Twice actually. Once two years ago, and a second time this year.

Last time it was ENTP personality (“The Debater”)

"The ENTP personality type is the ultimate devil’s advocate, thriving on the process of shredding arguments and beliefs and letting the ribbons drift in the wind for all to see. Unlike their more determined Judging (J) counterparts, ENTPs don’t do this because they are trying to achieve some deeper purpose or strategic goal, but for the simple reason that it’s fun. No one loves the process of mental sparring more than ENTPs, as it gives them a chance to exercise their effortlessly quick wit, broad accumulated knowledge base, and capacity for connecting disparate ideas to prove their points."

Now it's the INFJ personality (“The Advocate”)

"The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats, they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact."

The INFJ personality fits me much better than the ENTP one. I guess I'm a different person now than I was back then.

6. Being.
    Cheeky

Being. A cuddly bear
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,623 / 1 / -11
    Recently I've been getting advocate

ADVOCATE PERSONALITY (INFJ, -A/-T)
    The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

---

But I always used to get Architect

ARCHITECT PERSONALITY (INTJ, -A/-T)
    It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, Architects know this all too well. Architects form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the Architect personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

---

I feel like personality test are pointless though because most of the times how we see ourselves is the complete opposite of how we really are towards others

#6 Being., Sep 14, 2018 at 2:07 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 2:08 PM
  7. Yami Bakura
    Angry

Yami Bakura ♛King of Thieves♛
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,039 / 0 / -5
    My personality type (currently): INFJ (The Advocate/Counsolor)

Previous personality type: INFP (The Idealist)

Desciption for INFJ: "The INFJ personality type is commonly thought to be the rarest of the 16 personality types, constituting little more than 1% of the general population. INFJs are known for their perspicacity and intuitive insight, adept at seeing through surface appearances in order to grasp deeper psychospiritual realities." (taken from personalityjunkie.com)

=======

I've gotten this result a couple of times when I've taken the personality test. It fits me to a t pretty much. I'm a sensitive person, I admit it especially in loud places/large crowds/and tend to pick up on people's energies. If a person's energy is negative (like my dad), I tend to not want to interact with them very often. I know that I am very sensitive (as mentioned before), like to try to help people with insight (like I try to do here on this site), feel passionate about different issues, but tend to lead to emotional burnout very easily. I experience this often. What helps me pick back up is realizing that I am doing the right thing, seeking insight, and various other positive things.

This quiz is indeed an interesting one. I've learned a lot about myself the few times I've taken it. I will probably take it again in a few years to see if I've changed.

8. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,978 / 0 / -25
    Mine is ENFP-A -- Campaigner. Don't know what that means yet though.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

[EDIT]
    WOW! Just WOW! I just read the basic information provided with the test and I am blown away. I've taken a lot of similar tests, never expected any of them to be very accurate, never found any of them to be particularly accurate or helpful, but the people behind THIS test have obviously done their homework. I've spent hundreds of hours (and thousands of dollars) on counselors and psychiatrists, and none of them even came close to understanding me the way this "check the appropriate box" test did. I'm floored by how accurately this "paper and pencil" test nailed ME.

I highly recommend this test (or survey, whatever they call it) to EVERYONE! This was both mind-boggling, and very helpful for me -- I'm a fan. And thank you SOooo much to Theory Elias Nygma for making me aware of this.

Big hugs,
    Audry

#8 AudryLeigh, Sep 14, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 7:01 PM
  9. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -15
    I did notice most people were like that.. Also known as -T characteristics..
    I never understood that, though. The discrepancy for the sake of unruffled feathers. I makes me wary of people.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:16 PM ---
    Huh, that kinda sounds like Loki and Rogers.

#9 Theory Elias Nygma, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:14 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 7:16 PM
  10. River W.
    Jammie

River W. Close the goddamn door
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,303 / 1 / -2
    Huh yeah. I've always thought I relate to both of them :D 

11. Being.
    Cheeky

Being. A cuddly bear
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,623 / 1 / -11
    I'm glad it works for everyone else. But it has never actually got me correct yet. :/

12. mask1985
    Woot

mask1985 Shy bi guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +367 / 0 / -0
    I'm an architect - INTJ-T

13. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,126 / 1 / -30
    I'm supposedly a debater -- and the general description seems vaguely accurate, with an emphasis on "vaguely." I do notice that the descriptions of all their "personality types" place heavy emphasis on the positive, though -- so I suspect that nobody is likely to be too disappointed. (Case in point: they don't mention anything about we "debaters" being cynics.)

14. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -15
    https://www.16personalities.com/entp-strengths-and-weaknesses

15. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -15
    As for My weaknesses, while they all fit, this is especially true, and one that is most inconvenient;

• Second-Guess Themselves – INTPs remain so open to new information that they often never commit to a decision at all. This applies to their own skills as well – INTP personalities know that as they practice, they improve, and any work they do is second-best to what they could do. Unable to settle for this, INTPs sometimes delay their output indefinitely with constant revisions, sometimes even quitting before they ever begin.
    I'm a perfectionist procrastinator, and of course, this often translates to lower grades than what I could normally achieve even without effort. It's related to anxiety and I am really desperate to fix it.

16. Aiqe
    Creative

Aiqe Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hey,

I love the mbti-test, thanks for linking this here :)  done several over the years and always the same result: ENFP :)  on one side, totally right. I'm a people person, get connected easily but also need my alone-time. The only thing I don't really think fits for me is that in several descriptions it says ENFPs are sometimes irrational, illogical and too much thinking about feelings rather than thinking about facts and numbers.
    I studied maths.

From a scientific point of view, there's much to criticise about this test.* But personally, I think it can help you understand yourself and other people better. So, take from this test what helps you and ignore what you think isn't right. This may sound arbitrary but what I mean is: Let the test be a tool to help you think about yourself and other people. But in the end it's you who thinks.

*Some scientists say this tests lack validity and reliability. At university I got to know the "Big 5" test and was told this would be a more accurate tool to describe personalities. Just google it, you'll find more tests following the Big 5. If you do so, you'll realise there's not a huge difference: The Big 5 also describe people being extraverted or introverted etc. The main difference is that from these 5 characteristics, they don't assume more character traits. Also, the 5 traits differ slightly from the ones used im mbti (apart from extraverted/introverted).
    I'm writing this to help you think about these personality tests. Again, I'm a huge fan of the mbti.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.