1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What're your best 10 fav movies?

Discussion in 'TV & Music' started by zen, Aug 31, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 10 users.
  1. YouDontInterestMe

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    In no particular order
    1. Fight Club
    2. V for Vendetta
    3. Taxi Driver
    4. Seven
    5. The Warriors
    6. Pulp Fiction
    7. Spirited Away
    8. Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy
    9. Die Hard
    10. Fargo

2. Gay guy

Gay guy Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -2
    Get Star Wars the last Jedi in 4K, it looks beautiful

3. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 0 / -1
    God! I can share a roof with you! Fight Club, V for Vendetta, Taxi Driver, and Hitchhiker's are ones of my greatest favs, too, though I didn't put them in my list. lol (I just lined up what came to my mind then)

I now love Martin Freeman, but when I watched Hitchhiker's I didn't know about him at all. I read the original story and found the book fascinating. The author was British, but lived and died at the town in US I stayed without knowing that then (lol), so I kinda feel a fate with this book and movie.

And I love the original cartoon work of V for Vendetta. I recommend reading this cartoon, too, very cool. I remember when Fargo was released it was sensational. I love Coen brothers' very down to earth characters with both good/bad conscience, and distant/subjective shots/perspective. I also loved the Fargo drama series. I have to watch the 3rd season!

#63 zen, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  4. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 0 / -1
    Is my TV 4K compliant...? I have to see what I can. LOL

5. Gay guy

Gay guy Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 0 / -2
    You need a 4K tv and 4K Blue Ray player. Well at least you do in England I don’t know what the tv specs are over where you are

6. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 0 / -1
    But but! I'm not buying Blue Ray player...I found that iTune have 4K movie download, and I still have to buy 4K/8K TV... Actually, Japan will start 4k/8k TV broadcasting at the end of this year, but do I need one when I don't usually watch TV and watch everything I want on PC? If I'm buying, I'd rather wanna have 4k compliant PC screen...

Further reading proved that iTune 4k movies doesn't work on gadgets other than 4k TV or Apple TV... I'll watch The Last Jedi on my PC first, then rewatch it on 4k/8k TV when i buy it...LOL

7. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,979 / 0 / -25
    Don't think I really belong here.

the Little Mermaid
    Under the Tuscon sun
    True Lies
    Walk the Line
    Dr. Zhivago
    Star Wars
    North by Northwest
    Breakfast At Tiffany's
    Casablanca
    Fantasia

Hugs,
    Audry

8. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 0 / -1
    Anyone who enjoy movies and can widen our love of movies belong here, so you certainly do belong here, lady!

You are into classic movies! I've only watched Breakfast At Tiffany's, Casablanca and bits of Fantasia out of the classics you've listed. Audrey Hepburn is still very loved here, too. Is she the reason you chose your name? I've met the 3rd husband of Audrey Hepburn in a Sushi restaurant friends of mine worked in Santa Barbara. He was a regular in the restaurant, and I didn't know him, but that's what my friends told me. LOL

To tell you the truth, I remember feeling resentment and hypocrisy in some of the scenes in Casablanca where French people cerebrate their own country's freedom while they are occupying Morocco, but the movie is made in such time...

True Lies was interesting movie for involving family matter with hard core action with bit of comedy. That scenes with fighter airplane between buildings were very good. I like Jamie Lee Curtis since i watched A Fish Called Wanda, she should have been in more comedy stuffs.

My favorite classic movies are Ben-Hur, Lawrence of Arabia, Bonnie and Clyde, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Citizen Kane, 12 Angry Men, Spartacus, A Space Odyssey, and Kurosawa movies.

9. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,979 / 0 / -25
    Hey zen,

Audrey Hepburn is a big part of the reason I chose the name. I spell it differently, but only because the first time I used it on anything official, I spelled it without the 'e'. Not intentional, but I like being a little different, and she is still the inspiration behind my name.

The politics in Casablanca may not be the best, but the love story and the acting are what I see when I watch that movie. And Ingrid Bergman is another of the most beautiful women who ever lived.

I love Jamie Lee Curtis. I forgot about A Fish Called Wanda, that was a great movie. 20,000 leagues under the sea was another great one.

Hugs,
    Audry

10. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Jayme82 Well-Known Ambassador
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 0 / -3
    I love love Jamie Lee Curtis she is the scream queen I like many first saw her in Halloween and I fell in love with her because she gave such an amazing performance I was convinced it was a documentary and not just a movie
    I also were big fans of her parents Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh who could forget her performance in Psycho it is beyond iconic it to me is my favorite scene in a horror movie it's so shocking to me Hitchcock was a genius he has many classics I love like Rear Window,The Birds,Vertigo,Frenzy,Dial M For Murder and North By Northwest just to name a few

11. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 0 / -1
    Do you think that's why Jamie Lee Curtis appeared in Horror movies in her earlier career, her parent's role? I just found out Tony Curtis is also in Rosemary's Baby. lol I bet she's good in horror, but her sharp and crisp way of talking and facial expression without saying her gorgeous body really would have made her famous in comedy. But then good comedy movies are hard to come by...

I haven't watched many of his work properly since those times I watched them on TV and some were already in the middle of the movies...lol I really have to watch his works more. It seems his studies of art and experience in advertisement contributed to those graphically great scenes.

12. Jayme82
    Movie Buff

Jayme82 Well-Known Ambassador
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 0 / -3
    I just found out today is Freddy Krueger day it was started in 1991 just before the release of Freddy's Dead by Los Angeles county major at the time he was asked by New Line Cinema to start the day to promote the movie to mixed reviews horror fans loved it and the county of LA board and others hated it

13. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +527 / 0 / -1
    Damn, I missed the day it's already 14th here!

Happy Freddy Krueger's Day to all the horror movie fans!!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.