1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What you choose to Wear

Discussion in 'Important life issues other than LGBT' started by Bornunderabadsign, Nov 7, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Bornunderabadsign
    Approved

Bornunderabadsign Non-binary Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,520 / 0 / -1
    So to start things off I want to explain why I'm posting about this. It starts with a rant.

So my mom and a good amount of my friends follow each other on social media. My oldest niece, who is an adult, posts photos of herself in clothing which my mom says makes my niece look like a prostitute. It was just booty shorts and a lacy crop top. Nothing that I would consider scandalous. But, my mom is saying things like, "I don't even want people to know we are related if she dresses like that." It seems like a stupid thing to make a fuss about but for my mom it is a total thing.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. If you can wear what you want then wear it. I know some of the people on here are younger and have to follow rules about what they wear but still when you can wear what you want to wear. Find your style. Find what makes you feel good and rock it. For those of you who are adults rock it. If you missed your chance at trip pants as a kid you aren't to old now. If you want to look like a gay cowboy or a victorian babe or a hip hop artist then do it. Don't let anyone cramp your style.

*Brought to you by a socially awkward bean who sighs sadly as she looks at clothes she will probably have to work up a lot of confidence to even wear in private* XD

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    #1 Bornunderabadsign, Nov 7, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  2. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Well-Known Advisor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -2
    Yeah=( I wear kind of out of the ordinary things, not BAD by any means, but fancy and vintage looking. That's just my style and I love it. Some of these dresses are a bit low cut though since they are swing dress style, and when i've been out alone, I have gotten cat called numerous times by middle aged/older men. Its really creepy and disgusting=( After I told my mom about these instances though, she told me "Well you have to cover up. That's why you are getting that attention. If you wear a sweater next time, they won't bother you" It so incredibly stupid because nothing I wear is going to scandalize the village, it won't make my grandmother cry. Nobody should bother you for how you dress as long as its not offensive. You shouldn't get hassled by strange men wearing a sweater or not, they have no business treating you that way EVER.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Tzap

Tzap Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +537 / 0 / -0
    The only thing I really ever wanted to add to my wardrobe is colours. Since I can remember all I have wore is typical straight dark coloured male clothing (mainly jeans and t's).
    I still at my age can't shake the ideas implanted from young child that bright loose clothing is for girls, but what I wear at home is nobody's business ;) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Blackpaw
    Dreaming

Blackpaw Eccentric dreamer.
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    This is such a great thread!

I love to see people wear whatever they want. There are so many different styles and clothes should never be just for one gender!

I love wearing silly tee shirts with cartoons on or crazy words. I always dress more masculine and I love ties. But when I need to be smart I wear black suits and shirts. But I’d wear all this kind of stuff out there if I could...

https://pin.it/52UfIQi

https://pin.it/QGPIZRh

https://pin.it/2OF8I5T

https://pin.it/1G16Nrj

https://pin.it/B9MPGW5

https://pin.it/3xFidS5

I could go on and on... this is me!

5. StarSplosion
    Sweettooth

StarSplosion Magical Girl In Training (๑òᆺó๑)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    My little sister tends to complain a lot about what I wear. My mom on the other hand doesn't because she knows how difficult I am when it comes to picking clothes and can kind of tell what I feel comfortable in.

My sister always complains how my clothes are always so "tight fitting".
    I love clothes that fit very snug. Besides the fact that they show off my body shape that I'm quite proud of, it also feels a lot more comfortable than something just hanging there.
    She's always been jealous of my "accomplishments" and me keeping a healthy weight is one of the main issues she has with me because according to her, I don't do anything for it.

I also want to add some color to my wardrobe. Most of what I have is dark colored, even if most of my male clothes have vanished and been replaced, it's still mainly black and grey :/
    I always felt uncomfortable in colors even if I found it pretty because I was afraid of what people might think. And as much as I try to listen to myself saying that I shouldn't care what people think, it's really hard to do when everyone stares at you as if you just killed a bag of puppies in front of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -4
    I wear whatever I want and like, I don't care about fashion trends or whether or not color A matches color B.
    In socks' case I put on the first two socks my hand touches, which is why sometimes you can see me wearing two different colors of socks. :D 

7. Blackpaw
    Dreaming

Blackpaw Eccentric dreamer.
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +637 / 0 / -0
    I love wearing odd socks LOL..... I get different colours and just put on whatever I bring out the drawer just like you :D  But for falling over I’d probably wear odd shoes too at times! :D 

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.