1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What would you like to see added to the site next?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dylan, Jun 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 68 users.
  1. Anoi
    Hurting

Anoi Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1
  2. Anoi
    Hurting

Anoi Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -1
    Pretty hard to be civil when you are making a suggestion on how a forum could possibly be more inclusive of lgbt+ identifying people and someone comes along picking fights with tone policing arguments and unfounded accusations on someones view of straight people because you merely dared mention that cis het people are not lgbt+
    So thanks for your unsolicited and inaccurate attack on my character. Now leave me alone. Thanks.

3. Trionaid
    Buzzed

Trionaid Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 0 / -25
    I think irrespective of whatever people's personal views are, this forum has always been, and always should be, an LGBT positive space. It's an LGBT forum, and many of the people who use it are vulnerable and in need of support. Having a tolerant and supportive atmosphere is a prerequesite to that. We don't have to tolerate people telling us that we shouldn't live the way we do, or telling us that we are wrong. We don't have to tolerate intolerance.

So yes, I think that if straight people (cis or trans) want to use this forum, they should be allies to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and asexual community. Similarly cis people on the forum (gay or straight) should be allies to the trans community.

Is that so controversial?

4. TheBlueberryMuffinTimelord
    Adorable

TheBlueberryMuffinTimelord "BORED!!!" -Sherlock
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 1 / -0
    This is an old thread I know, but I just wanted to suggest a few. A asexual/aromantic board, and a non-binary board. It seems that these people don't really have a good place to post things related to who they are. So, I suggest we give them their own boards. :) 

5. genderfluidpan
    Alone

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    genderfluid space

6. AliceRhae
    Nerdy

AliceRhae Today, choose joy.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0 / -0
    Here's an idea that occurred to me after being blessed with the most loving support as a trans girl — a category for Allies. I think it would add an important dimension to our conversations, for both LGBTQ people and those who support them.

#186 AliceRhae, May 23, 2018 at 9:21 AM
    Last edited: May 23, 2018 at 9:24 AM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.