1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

What were you taught about the LGBT community in Sex Ed?

Discussion in 'Heterosexual' started by Matthew C., Aug 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 83 users.
  1. MyGronix
    Innocent

MyGronix Catless Cat Lady
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    That's an old thread..
    Nevertheless, it was pretty much
    "Condoms are good. STDs are bad. There are these other birth control stuff, but condoms are the best. Use condom along with everything else. Oh and also masturbation is good, feel free to do it"

2. Finis
    No Mood

Finis Body of Utopia
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Hi :) 

What was I taught about LGBTQ+ Community in sexual-education?

Close to nothing lol Aside safe practices of sexual-intercourse & pleasuring yourself.

I've had to fend for myself at the time yet I was going through stuff.

They were pushing for a G&S Alliance; however, the authorities thought otherwise.

Oh well ...

Great topic!

Be superhuman! :D 

#82 Finis, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  3. anon_abstraction
    Eggstatic

anon_abstraction ⚧⚲ ⚥
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    My sex-ed teacher couldn't say "penis" or "vagina" without a few seconds preparation and without blushing and she said it very fast.

Oh and I lived in a town with abstinence only education. We got innefectual lectures that basically consisted of if you have sex you will get stds and get pregnant every time you have sex until you get married. Then and only then will you be able to not get pregnant.

A woman in the class before me had to play "count the warts on the penis game" and here's a picture of "cauliflower".

They couldn't even teach heterosexual education. I don't think LGBT was ever even brought up. This was in 2004 though.

4. pokerchips
    Dancing

pokerchips Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -36
    We got the "use a condom don't get aids" speech. And that was pretty much it. The rest of the class we proceeded to watch movies.

5. anon_abstraction
    Eggstatic

anon_abstraction ⚧⚲ ⚥
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    Ours was basically your condom will always rip and then you will get aids

6. EvanB1912

EvanB1912 83 Electrons.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -1
    Absolutely nothing! Our first sex-ed (when I was 10 or 11) was literally just about the penis, and sperm... It was just biology... we didn't even learn about women there!

The second one, at a different school (I was 14 then), we learned about condoms, STDs and consent and other crap that was obvious, and we already knew everything. It was a waste of time...

Neither of those talks brushed on any sorts of LGBTQ+ issues, y'know, what sex-ed *should* do? It's ridiculous how they just ignore the issues that they should really discuss with potentially worried and confused students. I live in the UK, and I don't know if this is the same elsewhere.

7. AuroraXxRandom

AuroraXxRandom Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -5
    Well my school is very open and liberal like most other schools in london. My first sex ed class was in year 4 and now we have them every week now. We learn about the LGBT community weekly as well as other communities and learn about gender identity and sexual orientation and how they are different. And pretty much everyone in my classes accepts and supports the LGBT community...If someone says anything against it or spreads hate or discriminates, they will get reported in a heartbeat.
    Well Im lucky to be in such a liberal school...

8. Emiliano
    Tired

Emiliano Coney Island Baby
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -4
    I don't remember learning anything about the gay community in sex Ed.

9. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Haunting

CoffeeUnicorn34 B A K U R A◆Thief King Badass
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,008 / 0 / -1
    From what I can remember from sex-ed stuff we were taught in school, basically not a damn thing. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to sexual activity in the LGBTQ+ community, basically what I have learned is all self researched, and even then there might still be some gaps. Seriously, this is a real issue when it comes to sex-ed, they teach you about hetero sex but not any other form of sex, which is really a problem in society, because we have such a hetronormative society. Basically anything that deviates from that is ignored.
    [​IMG]

10. Avery35
    Buzzed

Avery35 "Lets have a war!"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +446 / 3 / -21
    I was taught: STD's are gross(icky pictures as well),how to take care of a baby(she provided us with actual robotic babies we had to take car of for 3 days),penis insterted into vagina,penis ejaculates,9 months later,Baby!..but other than that,that was it..it would be interesting to say the least if she started talking about Butt sex and scissoring..

BUT! She did mention about being gay,lesbian,etc

But I guess they don't talk about how gay people have sex(or any topic in general like that) because the gay community is so small In society..I guess they just want kids to know the basics like baby making,safe sex, and nasty STD's

And most of the kids in my class already knew how gay people go to town(since my teacher did ask if the class wanted to ask any questions about how that goes..)..so I guess that's good?

#90 Avery35, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  11. darqueism
    Dreaming

darqueism Kitten Worldwide
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -1
    In my school's version of sex ed (which mind you was a one day class in 4th grade, for about an hour) we didn't learn anything about the LGBT community. No one was mature enough to take the class seriously, anyway. I just stayed quiet because I was getting sex ed at my church, which brushed on LGBT but barely went into it.

12. CanadianBi
    Amused

CanadianBi Big thoughts in a small package
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +193 / 1 / -3
    Not a single thing about LGBT, it was all focused on straight relationships and all the diseases etc, never really realized at the time that it was missing but now you mention it, it is pretty significant

13. Kristruction

Kristruction Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I grew up in texas so the only sex ed we had was dont have sex. So we never even talked about hetero sex, let alone lgbt

14. Uncool
    Alone

Uncool Crazed bird game fan
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It was purely biological and was all about how reproduction worked. We weren't even shown how to put a condom on or what protection to use it was just there to pass our gcses that's it. But hey I can tell you what hormones activate the egg cycle!

15. ShanePierce
    Musical

ShanePierce I'm Just Kinda Here and I'm Pretty Queer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    We had no sex ed, just drug talk

16. Lez_Be_Honest_Ladies
    Bookworm

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    At my school they place a lot of value on being socially liberal. In 8th grade "Wellness" we only have one class to spend on each issue. Gender studies was one class, which started with saying that gender is a spectrum and how you present yourself can be different from how you feel/who you are. We covered what trans people feel and androgynous. During the LGBT day we learned the terms and what they all meant. The teacher also made a point of normalizing gay relationships in her examples and when referring to someone normally characterized as male she would say "someone with a penis" because in that context that was all that meant. Your biology does not always match your gender so she would keep those two separate. That was my favorite thing about the class. I had already known most of the things she went over because I've spent so much time online and on places like here, but this was my experience. My school also has a "secret gay club" and a GSA. One teacher is trans and another is genderqueer and goes by they/them. I know at least two of my teachers are lesbians. It's a very welcoming school.

17. Jinxie
    Bashful

Jinxie Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    You only learn about the LGBT community in my school in AP Psychology and I was afraid my teacher was going to bash on it but was I wrong. She educated everyone about them and even got the homophobe football player to change his mind about the community.