1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What Unromantic Qualities Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Funny' started by the-other-dave, Jul 29, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 11 users.
  1. the-other-dave

the-other-dave Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    What kind of behavior do you see in couples that makes you cringe?

When I go to a gig as a single person, I hate seeing couples fawning over each other. I feel tempted to tell them to stop looking at each other and watch the actual performance on stage that they have paid for, or else go to the back of the crowd and let the people behind them get a better view.

If I was at a gig with a partner, and he kept looking at me and trying to make out with me, I'd probably say "No, we're here to watch the show, not stare into each other's eyes. You can look at me later when we go home."

Yeah, I'm not much of a romantic!

2. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 0 / -12
    Couples who invite you to dine then proceed to tear each other apart in front of you.
    I leave, often to their amazement. Some people appear to need an audience for their pathetic little dramas.

3. Tzap

Tzap Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 0 / -0
    Not keen on seeing people kissing, not the nice pecks, the deep open mouth performance (leave it for home life). Honesty I'm not that keen on kissing at all myself.
    But I do walk hand in hand or linked arms with my wife (I think its to stop me walking away rather than romantic).

4. the-other-dave

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Handholding is fine, especially if you're walking together down a busy street, it's a way to ensure some random person won't try to walk between you and separate you from your partner. I even do that with platonic friends so we don't lose each other in a crowd.

But snogging makes me uncomfortable, especially on public transport when you're in a confined space with total strangers. How can that feel romantic? You wouldn't invite random strangers in off the street to join you in the bedroom, so why make out with your partner on a train or bus full of strangers?

I have made out with guys at gay pride festivals, but those are obviously different circumstances where the whole idea is to celebrate love, affection and physical attraction between same sexes, so it hardly seems inapropriate. Although funnily enough, on one of these occasions, a woman actually came up to me and the guy I was snogging and said "you might wanna get a room."

5. Rural Artisan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They can do as they like...They can kiss, they can row or let fireworks off if it gives them pleasure - I don't care.

As long as they are not guilty of noisy eating while I am trapped with them.

6. unicorndice
    No Mood

unicorndice Helpful Member
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I hate it when couples start making out with each other and putting their hands all over each other in public. :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. the-other-dave

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Rows should be kept private. I've fallen out with friends and relatives because they would always end up having rows in front of me when we were supposed to be having a nice time together. Why should I have to bear witness to their arguments and their hissy fits and share in their stress towards each other? The sad thing is they don't seem to care if somebody doesn't feel comfortable listening to them making idiots of themselves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. rado84
    Horny

rado84 pansexual, atheist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -4
    I'm not even sure if I am romantic. Girls in the past have told me (just friends, not relationship girls) that I was romantic. So to answer your question - I think I am the unromantic quality I have. :D 

9. Barefoot
    Twisted

Barefoot Casual Observer. Aesthete.
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,648 / 2 / -12
    I've been guilty of doing that. I love warm skin!

10. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -10
    Hugging and holding hands make me feel uncomfortable either its me or a couple around me
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2020 ---
    This is the funniest explanation I have ever heard from someone who does that in public

#10 Whynot, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  11. the-other-dave

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I used to watch romantic scenes in films or TV shows and think "sigh... I wish someone would talk to me like that. I wish someone would look at me like that." But when it does happen in real life, I'm like "Uh - back off, you're making me feel awkward."

12. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Reliable Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +394 / 0 / -10
    Lol I remembered When I was a teen and had my first gf I used to watch romantic things and like them, but when my gf in real life actually held my hand and started to play with my hair I asked her “what are you doing?”

13. Blackpaw
    Batty

Blackpaw (Happily taken)
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +671 / 0 / -0
    I talk loudly in my sleep. I shout out random words, sometimes I string incoherent sentences together and I will scratch the bedside cabinet. I will also fight with the duvet and throw it off the bed. It’s like sleeping with a deranged parrot!

14. Pastel Seb

Pastel Seb Greenhorn
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Biggest one by far: I can get the mood to a simmering absolute zero by making inappropriately timed jokes before bursting into laughter while I’m trying to flirt.

#14 Pastel Seb, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.