1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What song are you listening to?

Discussion in 'TV & Music' started by Dylan, May 14, 2015.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 535 users.
  1. raditaweiner

raditaweiner Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    i love collaboration two people musician from Indonesia..

2. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -5
    Just love the way this rollicks along - it’s infectious.
    The only English translation I could find comes with a Youtube clip of another group’s version. Nowhere near as good as the one you posted first.

3. raditaweiner

raditaweiner Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the OG is PETERPAN/NOAH sing this song.. Well before the band changes name become NOAH, the old name is PETERPAN.. long story.. so they known as NOAH BAND.. and the vocalist, Ariel NOAH trying to featuring with singer BCL. so thats what i share before. hope you enjoy this song..

4. bulanritz

bulanritz Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Nobody
    Brian McKnight

5. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I Think I'm In Love
    Kuh Ledesma

6. x-amountofgay
    Balanced

x-amountofgay Gaymer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  7. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Love At First Sight
    Kylie Minogue

8. x-amountofgay
    Balanced

x-amountofgay Gaymer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -5
    Hooray! Someone has posted a Kylie clip. Even if it’s not her best version of the song which doesn’t appear to be available on Youtube etc . That's on the DVD or her 2000 Sydney concert which In my oponion was by far the best of her live performances. And I was lucky enough to be there stoned off my face.

10. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -5
    The music’s a bit lolly-pop for teenyboppers but the visuals make up for it. Especially the young man licking his guitar....OOOOOOOH!

11. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,567 / 0 / -38
  12. x-amountofgay
    Balanced

x-amountofgay Gaymer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  13. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Turn Back Time
    Aqua

14. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -5
    The back story to this, which appears on Youtube, knocked me sideways. When you imagine you’ve lived through hell you learn someone else has suffered far more and survived. But hey, not all of us are so tough.

"The ballet dancer in the back is Michaela deprince, she lived in a war zone in Africa and both of her parents were killed, she was forced to watch as her teacher’s arms and legs were cut off as they cut open her pregnant stomach and then killed the baby boy inside. She has a skin condition across her chest so the people called her the “devils child”. She couldn’t get adopted and when she did she became a dancing prodigy as black ballet dancers are very rare and is now a professional ballet dancer at the Dutch National Ballet. Now that’s someone that has lived a tougher life than anyone and got through it so you can too.”:
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2020 ---

#2114 john1010101, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  15. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    How Bizarre
    OMC

16. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Superman (It's Not Easy)
    Five For Fighting

17. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Lose My Breath
    Destiny's Child

18. bulanritz

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Rivermaya

19. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +484 / 0 / -5
    Looks like a cute little boy but the voice is something else.

20. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,567 / 0 / -38
    Trigger warning! Bitterness.

Hey John.

Please understand that this is not at all about you. I love your posts and consider you to be one of our most valuable contributors, but... It is really starting to get to me when I hear things like, " Now that’s someone that has lived a tougher life than anyone and got through it so you can too." I get the sentiment. I get the message. I understand the psychology, but NO I CAN'T! And it makes me feel like shit. Not all of us are created equal. Some of us have much stronger constitutions than others. Some of us are far braver than others. Some of us are psychologically much more delicate than others. Some of us have never faced significant adversity in our lives and haven't a clue how to handle it. Some of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouths (through no fault of our own) and are strangers in a strange land when it comes to having to fight to get what we need. Some of us have mental issues and our brains simply don't work when pushed past a sometimes relatively close in limit. Some of us are old and gave all we have to give fighting against illegal wars, corrupt presidents, racial and social injustice,etc., and just like an old car with too many thousand miles on it we are just worn out and can barely drag ourselves around any more. I know you and everyone else that uses that statement is nothing but well meaning. I've used it myself many times. But the last month or so has been terribly hard on me had has beaten me down past where I've ever been beaten down before, so I'm hypersensitive, and that statement just hit me like a freight train running. It's one of the most positive statements in common use, but I've come to feel like you have to be careful who you say it to. For me, when I read it today, it had the same effect that it would have had to say to a paraplegic, " Just get up and walk! If I can do it so can you." Sometimes you have to know who you are talking to. I still use that statement, but only to individuals, and only when I know that they really do have it in them to do it. I have worked with so many people on this site that really cannot do the things that most people take for granted. I came frighteningly close to pushing a 19 year old kid to suicide by saying that to him. He and his brother had just both come out to their parents as being gay, and their father damn near killed them over it and then tormented them no end. The 18 year old left home, and I said to the 19 year old, " You have to get out of your house. If your brother did it, you can do it too." What I didn't know was that the 19 year old had severe social anxiety disorder, and genuinely simply just could not leave the "relative" safety of his home, as awful as it was and was going to kill himself. In a panic, I got him in touch with the right people who did get him out of the house in time.

I'm sorry. I guess I'm just ranting here, and this is not the place. I shouldn't be so sensitive, but that statement just tore me up. I'm 73 years old, barely surviving on Social Security, have very few friends most of whom are also barely making it, the virus is in my immediate area, besides my age I have several serious risk factors for dying from it, I barely have enough food and will run out soon, the government services in this area are already overloaded so I'm weeks down the waiting list for any help... So no, I can't do it too. So sorry for the rant and please don't let this derail this thread (if it does, I'll remove it).

With hugs and all the love in my heart,
    Audry Leigh

EDIT: Sorry, this should have been linked back to the post it relates to:
    https://lgbtchat.net/threads/what-song-are-you-listening-to.3078/page-106#post-327215

#2120 AudryLeigh, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.