1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Lesbian What really means depression?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by Thimanthe, Jan 24, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. Thimanthe

Thimanthe Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi! First, I'm doing very well! I have a job, a relationship with a person who support me in any kind, a good family, no money issues and so on. It's nice. But I started feel less and lesser (more less? Damn my english skills). I laugh but short and it often feel as I acting to myself. If I think I have to cry it's just for a second and the tear is gone. If I'm angry it's just a minute. The feelings come and go really fast. I don't really know why and I'm feeling not really bad (cause I don't have feelings right now lol!) but I hurt my partner with that because I'm such a gray blob. And I heard, that's it's a sign of depression, if you lost your feelings... What sould I do?

Gesendet von meinem S41 mit Tapatalk

2. AudryLeigh
    Malnourished

AudryLeigh Transsexual Lesbian
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,816 / 0 / -39
    Hey Thimanthe,

Feeling numb (I think that's what you're describing) is a part of depression. There is lot more to depression than that though. Depression usually involves feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, [very] low self esteem, low energy, loss of interest in things you (used to) enjoy doing, feelings of isolation and wanting to isolate yourself from society, feelings of inadequacy and uselessness, and a lack of drive to do anything about your situation (there's more, but those are the "high" points). It doesn't sound to me like you're actually depressed (yet), but I'm not a doctor. You may however be heading that direction. Eating well, getting enough exercise, and socializing are all ways to avoid or control depression. Suicidal thoughts are a sign of severe depression and should never be taken lightly.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  3. Ilomilo
    Zorro

Ilomilo Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -2
    As someone who suffers from depression for ages now, doesn't really sound like a depression. You're concerned about it, the best is to talk to a professional.

As for your feelings, well....gonna sound crazy, but talk to yourself, and check out what makes you feel that way, and why.

4. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,300 / 1 / -36
    Your loss of interest in the things that usually make you happy is a sign of depression. You believe you ought to be content, but something still seems to be missing. It's the kind of depression that often hits people in middle age, but younger people aren't immune.

Ask yourself: "What's missing?" Just because your life seems to be going well doesn't mean it's going where you want it to go.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.