1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trigger Warning! What is wrong with me...

Discussion in 'Important life issues other than LGBT' started by Carson____, Jan 27, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Carson____
    No Mood

Carson____ Carson M.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i am scared. For about a year now i have been having mental health issues. Ive always had diagnosed social anxiety and deppresion, but this is new. My mind always feels... disturbed. I have mood swings alot, but its not bipolar, because these swings normally last less than a day. Sometimes i get really excited or euphoric, and for about an hour i just get insanly hyper and manic. This cant be bipolar however, because these are so short, when bipolar episodes usually last weeks, or even months. I also sometimes feel very violent or out of control, feeling like i could harm someone or myself. Ive never been one for social activities, and im normally very solitairy and apathetic. Im worried. Is me not interacting with people enough my problem? Or am i just going crazy... please tell me. I joined this site to connect with people like me, people who have the same lgbtq issues and those who dont. I want answers

2. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Devoted Ambassador
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,455 / 0 / -1
    I am almost four months into not being dark or wanting to see the end of life.

I never knew this existed and thanks to a great therapist who gave me a lot of homework and made me work hard, I got here.

I also had a dear friend who started the ball rolling by making me see I was worthy of love and needed to learn to love and accept myself.

She held me close as I went through month of hell accepting myself as non binary and from there my foundation of happiness started and has kept growing.

I must note, I have fired two therapist to get to the wonderful one I have and who has been a blessing for me.

I wish you well and you are not alone - Jo

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #2 Jo A, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  3. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,865 / 0 / -3
    First off, welcome to the site! As far as your issues, are you taking any medications or supplements for your social anxiety, depression or anything else? In the past I've had psychiatric medications cause me to be moody and violent. If you have a psychiatrist please talk to him or her. If not, can you talk to whoever diagnosed you with social anxiety and depression? Hopefully, they can help. Additionally, if you are a student your school likely has a guidance counselor you can talk to who may be able to help. Please try to reach out to someone. A year is a long time to be struggling with something on your own. I wish you peace.

4. Lv4music

Lv4music Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say be really careful with antidepressants. For me, the side effects were unbearable. My doctors didn't pay much attention to the struggles I was having on them. They made me violent as well. I've been off of them for 6 years, now, and though my life is somewhat tied in a knot, I feel so much better and much more functional without them.

Sent from my S48c using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,865 / 0 / -3
    Yes, Prozac was the worst for me. I am currently taking Lamictal (a mood stabilizer) and it seems to be helping my depression okay with minimal side effects.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.