1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What is my sexuality?

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by Sabrina129, Dec 2, 2019 at 2:04 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Sabrina129

Sabrina129 Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there a term for me liking males sexually and romantically and females only sexually, or is that just bisexual?

2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,907 / 0 / -9
    Hi Sabrina and welcome to the family! Old cis bi guy speaking. :) 

Sexuality labels are purely to do with basic lust. The romantic stuff is dealt with separately. Consequently, the term for what you're describing is "Bisexual hetero-romantic".

Hope that helps. :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Aww. How adorable
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +730 / 2 / -4
    It depends on you, of course, on how you want to define yourself. If I were in your shoes, I'd say I'm bisexual. Only insofar that bisexuality doesn't need to be the same on both sides (so far I picked up). I mean, you can like women sexually and men romantically but because you like both, I'd assume that qualifies (my opinion) you as bisexual.

One doesn't need to be "sexual" to have connection and attraction (say psychological and emotional) to the same and/or opposite gender. Personally, I'd keep it simple for now until you figure out yourself more. You're the only one who knows you. There are so many labels out there for sexuality that I'd just get to know yourself first and then branch from there.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.