1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What I learned about HR and job interviews?

Discussion in 'Vocational' started by Whynot, Nov 21, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Whynot
    Cool

Whynot Well-Known Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -10
    I have been doing lots of job searching, dealing with HR and managers. Plus I worked in different jobs. This is what I came up with:
    1- HR is a representation of the company’s culture. If HR is lazy expect a lazy work environment. If HR is cold and non personal expect a cold work environment. If HR is communicative expect a great communication in the work environment. Etc...
    2- At the job interview you have to understand that you are actually interviewing your potential boss. Some managers personalties I don’t like. Rude during the interview, make fun of your questions, passive aggressive comments... all are red flags. I would rather relocate and move to another city than working for a toxic boss again. I have done it before and it was a bad idea but taught me to notice the red flags during the interview.
    3- if the interviewer avoid eye contact or refuse to turn on their camera then they cannot be trusted. Most likely you they dislike you as a person and you wont be able to get on their good side no matter what you do as an employee.
    4- if you apply for a job and don’t hear from HR within a week then there is a high chance you won’t be considered.
    5- If HR overlooks you in one job there is a high chance that you wont get the same role in the company. Because I figured that each HR employee handles certain department. So if HR doesn’t want to hire you, you can apply a hundred times with the same results. Just move on.
    6- If HR tells you if you don’t hear from the manager contact us it means the manager won’t contact you. Also, you resume might never get send to the manager. Move on. They will lead you on to nothing.
    7- as long as you don’t get an interview fast move on. The only time they can take a long time to get back to you is after the interview.
    8- if a manager tells you I still have other candidates to meet, or I don’t want to waste your time. It means you wont get hired.
    9- be careful with managers with sensitive egos. They will make horrible bosses. Remember you are interviewing them as well.
    10- lastly sometimes we do need to suck it up and work for anyone. But if you have a chance, find a potential employer with less egotistical problems.

those from my personal experiences it might be different for other individuals

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    #1 Whynot, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.