1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What gives? Gaydar in straight people?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by zen, Aug 29, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 0 / -2
    OK, one time I was studying in a small cafe. I was the only customer in that place at the time of the day, and later a pair of guys sat next to me even though there were other seats further from me. They started to talk about their gay acquaintance first thing right after they sat, LOUDLY. I usually wear earphones and listen to music while studying outside of my home in an attempt to shut other people's conversations out, but it was impossible to shut them out with that volume of their voices. They weren't particularly being homophobic or anything in their conversation from what I heard, but seemed they were straight? Am I being paranoid? Or is that my clothing, behaviour or anything else?

Have you had any experience like this?

#1 zen, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,344 / 1 / -30
    I think you are seeing something where there is nothing. I can think of no possible reason two straight guys intentionally would sit down near a stranger they think might be gay to loudly discuss their gay friend.

They didn't say anything about you. They didn't say anything homophobic about their friend. You were wearing earphones. Most likely, they weren't paying any attention to you at all, and didn't think you were paying any attention to them.

So, yes, you were being paranoid -- and, yes, I've had experiences like that. ;) 

3. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 0 / -2
    Thank you angel70!
    Yeah, I most likely am being paranoid. The reason why I became this paranoid is, where I live, it's a suburb where bunch of half-bumpkins/half-delinquents roam around, and I've been harassed by groups of those shitheads while studying in such cafes more than a couple of times. I sometimes go out to study, often times late at night, for a change of environment, and those delinquents seem to hate people who do that. LOL

Clever guy like you also have similar paranoid experience? Can you tell me your experience if it's OK? I was wondering if I should change my outfit or something. LOL

4. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the Wolf
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 1 / -3
  5. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 0 / -2
    LOL I laughed watching this, so thank you, but what does Rectal Dehydration with Bear Grylls do with this thread?? OK, he's hot, but...

6. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the Wolf
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 1 / -3
    I just didnt know where to post it, but felt it needed to be.....

7. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +623 / 0 / -2
    I agree, this video needed to be posted somewhere. And you were so random! LOL If you find more of this kind of videos, feel free to put it here! LOL

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.