1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'Vocational' started by Wilhelmine11, Nov 7, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 12 users.
  1. Ashley22

Ashley22 Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 0 / -0
    Ty . Honestly, because I'm hypersensitive I tend to get frustrated easily but I tell myself to calm down and that it really isn't a big deal etc and usually move past it. I consider the frustration toxic behavior because it doesn't help anyone in my opinion. We can all speak and act like adults so I try to set an example in my IRL interactions.

(Heh, this has gotten quite off topic)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. BiBiLife
    Loved

BiBiLife Forever in debt to your priceless advice.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,598 / 3 / -5
    *Steers back on topic*
    I'm a full-time business student and I also volunteer as a peer tutor.

3. DarkBanana

DarkBanana Lurker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I am cook in seasonal hotel. Basically it means that I work 6 months (summer season) 12 hours per day with no day offs, and in winter I am doing nothing. But because I cant just do not work even If I have enough money I still have work for like 2 or 3 days in week.
    It sounds terribly but hey is realy awesome. Yes, you work all 6 months but then you have another 6 months for relaxing, your friends, hobbies, traveling...You can do whatever you want whenever you want.

But I did not have "real summer" (pool, BBQs, vacation by the sea) for 4 years now...Its the only disadvantages for me.

4. JenniferF

JenniferF Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Coming from a family dealing with the law,I am a defense lawyer.I represent the thugs worse than hell,people that are actually innocent and minor crimes including drugs charges

5. CrinklyConnor

CrinklyConnor Non-Binary Toddler

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I currently work at, and actually am finishing my last 2 days of work, at a hotel as a night auditor (basically a night manager). I work by myself here at night.

I plan to try and get a similar job up where I’m moving to as it helps me with keeping on track with my online college studies, but also maintain a sense of financial income.

I have an eccentric job history so far, having worked in retail, hospitality, behavioral support for disabled adults, and teaching assistive technology for blind middle school and high school aged students. I’m 23, almost 24 (next month!) so you could say I’ve jumped around a bit.

I do try to stay committed to a job as much as I possibly can.

I’ve also worked at a call center, but that job was THE WORST. I will never work at a call center again, as that was just the worst experience ever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.