1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What did you do during quarantine today?

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by starlightprincess, Mar 18, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 28 users.
  1. Nyxian

Nyxian Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I started up, and then paused Better Call Saul in the morning. Then after I've had a less productive day than I'd like to admit (I work from home too) but I'll make it up in the PM + I am getting to the end of a covid infection (it has been mild I'm fine) so I feel like I can use that excuse. In a moment I'm going to cook some farfalle bolognese with meat balls and then I'm gonna actually watch that BCS episode.

2. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 Geriatric Hippy
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -1
    How did you learn you had a Covid 19 infection for sure ? It appears reliable tests are as scarce as hen’s teeth in the US.
    (Given you’ve called yourself Greenhorn I’m guessing you’re in the US)

3. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Made french toast, did some homework, listened to a class lecture, had a therapy session on the phone, read some of the book "Stolen Innocence". I'll probably watch a movie, but i'm not sure which yet.

4. Nyxian

Nyxian Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I didn't set that and I just noticed it's there. Also no I'm not from the US.

5. Thief King Bakura
    Spaced

Thief King Bakura The Chaotic Neutral Zone
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,907 / 0 / -6
    What I did during quarentine today was drink coffee, watched some random stuffs on Hulu, slept for awhile, chatted briefly with a friend over messenger, checked up on things online, filled out some paperwork, drank some afternoon coffee, worked out for about 20 min in the small gym we have access to here, and ate dinner and watched more tv. Nothing too much. I haven't really felt motivated to do much. I want to draw and stuff but I don't feel motivated. It sucks.

6. ConfusedButHappy
    Dreaming

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -1
    Played a lot of games, board games and watched so much drag race that I ended up dreaming about it xD

Also feeling a bit ill atm, so been resting and taking meds most of the time (no fever yet so we don't think it's COVID).

Need to somehow find the motivation to catch up on some studies...

7. Ashley Nicole Derby
    Swamped

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    currently reviewing my lectures for calculus on Youtube because my professor thinks 10 mins of going over material is substantial

8. UncrownedQueen

UncrownedQueen Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Calculus....I don't think 10 hours is enough for any calculus topic!

(When brains for math were being handed out I think I was still asleep or hungover )

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. Ashley Nicole Derby
    Swamped

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    lol, I feel the same way! This girl in my calc class that I use to sit next to, we would always look at each other and mouth wtf as the professor kept rambling on and on.

10. x-amountofgay
    Asleep

x-amountofgay Gaymer

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Spent most of my day on Xbox Live, but also spent time listening to music and building up some of my playlists, watched TV, and texted one of my friends for a while.

11. Thief King Bakura
    Spaced

Ratings:
    +4,907 / 0 / -6
    I'm doing a little better today although I still took a long ass nap in the afternoon. I've been more active at night, a bit of a night owl really. Just trying to make do, watch good shows on Hulu, watching Youtube, think I might be getting my inspiration back to draw (we'll see where that goes), and been just trying to make the best out of this crazy situation.
    [​IMG]

#51 Thief King Bakura, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:01 PM
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 7:03 PM
  12. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -1
    Today I’ve started sewing face masks using new vacuum cleaner bags which, according to those in the know ,are more efficient at blocking viruses than most finely woven materials.
    Early today I harvested the last of my tomatoes and will make the last batch of tomato sauce for the year. I make a range different mixtures, four large bottles of tomato, garlic, sage, black pepper, four large bottle of tomato, onion, parsley, thyme, black pepper etc until I have enough to last me twelve months.
    Tonight will be the first time I work from home as a volunteer on the gay youth suicide etc help line. The office, apart from one supervisor, is now closed to meetings and more than two staff.
    Yesterday I had my first consultation with my GP via mobile ( do they still call them ‘cell phones’ in the US ?). Luckily I have a blood pressure test machine to give my GP readings. It keeps a record of all my readings which I replay to him.
    I’m also trying to organise as many of my regular bill payments to be deducted on line as I’m starting to get worried about Covid 19 taking a ride on any cash I handle. If I use my credit card in shops I now make sure it doesn’t actually make contact with the terminal. Life is getting complicated !

#52 john1010101, Mar 25, 2020 at 9:16 PM
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:22 PM
  13. starlightprincess

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Homework in the early part of the day, made lunch (grilled hot dog and potato chips), watched Raising Hope, tuned into a instagram book club meeting one of my favorite celebrities was doing, made chocolate chip cookies (made out of pancake flour so they actually taste more like sweeter mini chocolate chip pancakes), and HOPING to go on a walk when my sister is done with online school.

14. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -1
    Hope that’s not a sample of your diet in general.

15. Thief King Bakura
    Spaced

Ratings:
    +4,907 / 0 / -6
    What I did today: I spent time on the computer mostly and listened to music and watching Youtubes. Also, I went outside for a brief bit and went for a short walk to escape confinement for a little bit. Nothing too exciting.

16. starlightprincess

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    No, it's not. I was doing something nice for my family and trying to keep busy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  17. john1010101
    Old Hag

Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0 / -1
    Good news. I have to confess though I was drooling over the idea of (mini) pancakes with chocolate chips.

18. starlightprincess

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    They are really easy to make if you want to try them. They ARE cookies but they taste more like pancakes to me. I got the idea from here:

https://www.plainchicken.com/bisquick-chocolate-chip-cookies/

19. David/Paulla
    Feminine

David/Paulla Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Slept in till 10:30, read a book, and played forza 3

20. Love4Ever
    Breezy

Love4Ever Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 0 / -0
    They sound lovely! And there is nothing wrong with being generous and enjoying something delicious.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.