1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What are your turn offs on guys?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Rodi05, Feb 1, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 21 users.
  1. Rodi05
    Alone

Rodi05 Portuguese gay guy who's 16 years old.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    One huge turn off for me is when I see a guy smoking or taking any kind of drugs. Alcohol is acceptable for me but it still is kinda' a turn off for me. I could also be wrong about alcohol as I've drunk alcohol.

So what are your turn offs? Nobody's forcing you to say this so just say it if you want to :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Yami Bakura
    Badass

Yami Bakura ♚King of Thieves♚
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,460 / 0 / -4
    Basically if I see anypony smoking. That's just a big no no for me. Like, I grew up with a parent that smoked and I don't a partner that smokes. I would honestly say that a big turn off for me is if someone is like narcissistic, arrogant, rude, or just flat out an asshole. These usually tend to be the people that are a bit more good looking but not always. Otherwise if I have any others. I will append my post.

3. Sir A.G
    Inpain

Sir A.G Transgender Guy
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,582 / 1 / -5
    Smoking is also a turn off for me

4. anocxu

anocxu Anocxu
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +292 / 0 / -5
    A huge turn off for me is people mistreating other people.

I've met very kind cigarette or cigar smokers , I've met all kinds of cool people that have occasional drinks.

Unkindness is a major turn off for me.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

5. BoredBiGuy
    Jubilant

BoredBiGuy Professional Optimist
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0
    Some major turn offs for me are definitely smoking. (I know a lot of people who smoke weed, and i'd prefer not to date someone who does, but as long as they aren't going like hardcore on it every second, i could live with it).
    I don't like people mistreating anyone else either. (Without just cause of course if that makes sense idk fully.)
    I don't mind people drinking as long as they aren't over doing it, Then it's a no for me.
    I wouldn't want to date someone who is always pessimistic either, as i am about as optimistic as can be (most of the time anyways haha). I understand not everyone can be happy all the time, but don't be mention all the bad when there is so much good to see as well. :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Emiliano
    Tired

Emiliano Coney Island Baby
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +243 / 0 / -4
    Self absorption.

7. Being.
    Amazed

Being. "If every step up didnt have a down"
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,061 / 1 / -10
    I actually find smokers (normal cigarette)and alcohol drinkers kinda attractive *blush*.

Anyway, dislikes;

If they're;

Acting like your "thier property" (different to being possesive)
    Being Intimidating
    Being a brick wall
    Treating feminen men like shit, or lesser

8. Barefoot
    Horny

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,361 / 2 / -12
    Orange hair. Yup.

9. YTBIGUY
    Classy

YTBIGUY Trust me I'm funny
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -1
    A big turn off for me is of you don't have any manners. It's really disgusting when some you can see someone's chewed food if their talking to you.
    Another turn off is if they're really messy. I can deal with a messy room or maybe even a car, but if your dish haven't been washed in weeks and your bathroom looks like a disaster zone don't invite me over.

10. CitizenErased
    Beer Lover

CitizenErased I'm a slave to your games
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +167 / 0 / -0
    Don't call me babe. I really dislike being called 'babe' or even hearing other people call each other that. Never have liked it.

I can almost deal with smoking but i hate it when people dont make the effort to keep at a reasonable distance.

Using someone's misfortune to humiliate them, no matter how small, even if they dont even know it.

11. Erik
    Cheerful

Erik Crazy cat guy

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree with every single point, those guys suck! ... I can't deal with smokers though :s ... and I love tequila too much to judge someone for drinking XD

12. daydreamerx

daydreamerx Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Alright, I've got a long list of turn-offs, but I'm just gonna list the biggest ones here.

Talking about himself at all times/talking too much - Who likes this? Nobody.
    Smoking - I can't stand the smell, it's choking me and I don't wanna die, thanks.
    Talking while eating - It's just gross. Shut your mouth and chew and when you're done say it.
    Bad hygiene - Ok, so I don't expect everyone to be 100% clean at all times, that's impossible and even not healthy, but if you wanna get intimate with me at least wash your PP for gods sake.
    Lack of intelligence and literacy - And this is the biggest turn-off on my list. I want my man to be on the same wave-length with me and I think it's a legit turn-off if they're not. What am I supposed to do with someone if we can't have deep conversations?

13. SomeGuyCalledJake
    Doubtful

SomeGuyCalledJake Forever Bored
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Long fingernails.

I pay so much attention to peoples hands. Don't know why lol

14. rado84

rado84 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Assuming I understand the term "turn off" in the right way, it would be masculinity. Also, when they smell as if they take a bath once a year.

15. Travellinsean

Travellinsean Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Smell - BO, smoke, too many personal products, garlic/curry breath

16. Cristofer
    Loved

Cristofer Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    somkers and drinkers are ok if they don't over do it, but there bo and personality has to be good and manners

17. Vanille77
    Anime Lover

Vanille77 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Turn Offs
    Bad Hygiene: People who don't brush teeth and take a shower before a sexual encounter. Wear a condom every time you have sex unless we're in a long-term relationship because I'm going to wear one, and I won't always be able to provide a rubber when the time is hot.

Language:
    I hate what I'd declare to be pet names like bud and hun. "Bud" and "hun" aren't words people in a relationship say to each other, and it isn't something I care to hear everyday.

Now if you're a district supervisor, and I'm possibly in your store, then I'd understand if you used a name like bud or hun as a way of establishing some heirarchy over an employee.

But if you're just a standard sale associate with a line of snot and drool dripping off the side of your face, then you can go ahead and keep the pet name, because it isn't something I want to hear everyday from a person who doesn't have any established authority over my work life.

Do you understand... a supervisor is something I have to put up with everyday of my life, and I don't want to sleep with my boss?

Attitude: I won't be somebody who is going to sit around and put up with a boyfriend who goes out of his way to hurt my feelings.

Turn Ons
    Flowers (showing you care): I might melt into you if you do something romantic. Personally, I'll enjoy planning a night: dinner, candles, roses, sex, smells, and massages. I'd literally plan an entire day around my boyfriend because it is my way of having fun, and I like to be surprising.

Being Supportive:
    Have the ability to listen when I'm having a difficult day, and make some time for me when possible. In short, just listen when I'm having an overall terrible day.

Clingy: I'm fond of the clingy and protective type secretly, as I care about a man who shows he cares.

#17 Vanille77, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  18. tike66

tike66 Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, smoking? Really? At worst an irritation. There's so many more bad qualities a person can have than smoking, which is just a bad habit. You can almost always get someone to quit smoking.

What instantly turns me off? Cruelty or mean girl type behaviour, pettiness, self-absorption, willingness to give other guys your STD's, being truly shitty to someone flirting with you (no is enough). Those are the big ones.

19. Vanille77
    Anime Lover

Vanille77 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm reading into your contention, but it honestly has me smiling a bit because it's true. There are people here who do people dirt like you're saying simply for the sake of attention, and it's childish.

Then again... this is a world where people with the responsibilities of an adult act like children, and I'm a kid who grew up too fast as a child. So what can I expect from this world? When I'm a kid again... I'm sensitive and mature for my age. Which means I cry all the time, and I grew tough as an adult.

So... I guess what I'm finding is I can't remember a time I had much of a childhood outside of a video game which helped me forget about the world (distractions saved my life when I was a kid). And it isn't to get overly discusive about my upbringing. But, my dad did hard drugs (cocaine/crack/dope), the norm in the 70's (till current... and... dead). He worked as a blue collar laborer his entire life, and when around the machines, he was probably struggling to exchange his pain for pleasure.

And my mom wasn't much different, she was bartender her entire life and has been the dependent of every man she has ever loved. She used to list me on her taxes when I didn't live with her back in the day (moved out of my house when I was 17).

So now... I don't know what to think about most people here... I want to be helpful, and I'm still somewhat knowledgeable about many happenings. And I'm the nicest person in reality, though in REAL I kind of want to grow out my nails, dress out, and quit worrying about the world (whilst holding a job of course).

And it sounds terrible, but I'm tired of taking responsibility for people who should be responsible. And I need an escape...

I mean, I've seriously had it hard, and I'm just hoping eventually someone, somebody somewhere, will see just how much I've done and spare me a bit of relief from all the stress. I am tired as hell of watching the sky fall everywhere I go.

20. lincoln

lincoln Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Body hair. Huge turn-off for me. Also alcohol. I've had enough of it in my early years so I wouldn't wanna have it anymore.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.