1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What are your top 5 albums of the year?

Discussion in 'TV & Music' started by River W., Dec 9, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. bi dystopia
    Sad

bi dystopia Bisexual. Androgyne. Man.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 3 / -26
    Oh thanks! - What have you heard off it?

2. trainer

trainer Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I've only listened to Alice in Chains. I looked up the other artists after reading your post, and found them very interesting. I have some good, new music awaiting me thanks to your post. I say "good," although I haven't listened to them because they seem diverse in terms of the demographic they represent. Really interesting. Thanks for sharing the list.

3. River W.
    Worried

River W. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,995 / 1 / -13
    Yeah, they're all very diverse from each other. You could like all of them some of them, or none at all. I do hope you enjoy them though. :D 

4. bi dystopia
    Sad

bi dystopia Bisexual. Androgyne. Man.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 3 / -26
    The new Alice album is the best since Dirt imo. Really varied and great production job too.

The other albums are very different. Somali Yacht Club are the only close one really in terms of sound, but more of a metal production and much longer and progressive songs. I could imagine anyone from a certain demographic listening to all though, people who are liberal and open minded. Alice can be heavy, but they've always been an emotional, heartfelt band too.

5. trainer

trainer Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree. There's a lot of emotion in AIC's songs. For some reason, I'm reminded of Mother Love Bone when I listen to AIC.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.