1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

What age were you when you realized you're gay?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by dojo, Jun 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 76 users.
  1. Jovana94

Jovana94 Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    When I was 14.

2. Sapphire
    No Mood

Sapphire Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    When I was 11. Yes, before my hormones even started going insane. However, I always had a thing for dudes when I was a kid. I wanted to be friends with them more than women. Then, I hit 11 and then boom - off went my straight card. :D 

3. Bleached
    Magnetic

Bleached Komet Kobain
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,370 / 0 / -11
    I can't exactly say I figured it out when I was young as...well, I kind of still am young :D ! But yeah it was like when I was 12, 13 maybe. Basically I figured it out as soon as I found out what gay meant :3

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Nate
    Cheeky

Nate Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -2
    I've been wondering since the age of 14. I'm still not sure though!

5. Iharos
    Bookworm

Iharos Addictive Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    I think that somewhere around the age of 8 it dawned on me, that I was more drawn to boys. But it was a very faint subconscious thing. Of course, it grew stronger and stronger, and I remember to this day the moment that I was walking back home from school, thinking to myself 'Okay, so I'm gay. I'll have to accept myself'. I was 13.
    It still took a long while for this acceptance to manifest - I came out to my family when I was 19. My mother told me that she knew since I was in kindergarten. :D  On many occasions she actually brought up topics that could have led me to open up about it, but she understood that I needed more time to understand myself.

6. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 0 / -12
    From about age 5 I knew I was very different from other boys. I had an intense loathing for competitive team sport even then seeing them as moulding young minds in preparation for war. I still see them that way. This led me into other areas of sport though. Running, swimming, cycling for me became very important. I think behind this urge was the desire to prove to myself I wasn’t a ‘sissy’. From a very early age however, maybe 6 or so, I developed a fascination with a very athletic man who sunbaked summer and winter on the beach in front of our house. I couldn’t take my eyes off him so much so he once said to me. ‘Hey kid, you’re too young to be chasing men’. I had no idea what he meant by chasing.
    At age 14 I’d figured out ‘the facts of life’. When new neighbours moved in I took one look at the oldest brother and said to myself ‘That’s where you start’. He obliged but insisted on including his sister in proceedings. This worked for me when the arrangment was sister at the bottom of the pile, me in the middle with him on top. However when he wanted to mount his sister I found it too kinky and never 'played with' little Terry and Cheryl again.
    Very soon after this I joined the local life saving club and discovered an absolute smorgasboard of delicious, more than willing Jewish boys in the showers. Apart from being thrown out of home at 16 after telling my father I was gay I never really looked back ( apart from a very amateurish attempt as suicide the day after I was thrown out.)
    In my late teens I had an intense affair with another man and two women. Hard to describe the dynamic but we were all in love with each other. Two years into this one of the women died of a rare lung disease and a few weeks later the other was killed in a car accident. The two of us remaining didn’t cope with each other as we always felt the ghosts of those two women were in the room with us . He went on to marry in a totally hetro relationship and I never again found myself attracted to or wanting to live with a women.
    Even at my advanced age looking back on that experience I still feel a profound sense of loss yet in no way do I experience myself as bisexual.

#86 john1010101, May 20, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  7. Iharos
    Bookworm

Iharos Addictive Contributor
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, I had a very similar notion when I was very young, in kindergarten actually. As much as I can be against something, I was against the idea of competition - I went to an all-boys school, so that kind of competitive attidute lurked all around.
    This was the very reason for my mother to realise back then that I was gay. This and the fact that a few years prior my brother started going to school, too. So me refusing to fight gave it away. ;) 

8. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,009 / 0 / -12
    Strangely given my loathing for the violence of team sports I did get myself into a lot of punch-ups, mostly with other boys who wanted to thump me for being a sissy. Came home one day with a blood nose and a black eye which our next door neighbour spotted. An ex professional boxer and later on karate instructor he took me under his wings and taught me to fight. Told me not to say anything to the other boys until he thought I was ready to defend myself. Then one day when little Geoffrey Oats (later on became a drag queen!) picked on me I punched him unconscious. For someone who actually detests violence I have to confess that felt wonderful at the time.

9. EezeeLay
    Horny

EezeeLay Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I knew I was gay when I was about 12. We had gay neighbors, and their windows faced ours over a narrow alleyway. I used to watch them from my bedroom window after dark, and I had a crush on both of them big time.

10. Doglover44
    Complacent

Doglover44 Well-Known Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 1 / -1
    I knew I liked both boys and girls since elementary school 7/8 learned the word Bisexual in middle school had crushes on both boys in middle and high school

11. JayR

JayR Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was curious about my classmates being 6 or 7
    but I fully realised it closer to 16

12. Arrius
    Tired

Arrius Procrastinating

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is a really interesting thread, Lmao.
    I think that i have always known i was gay. A vivid memory i have was when i was 8 I would searched up "naked man" on the internet and youtube. I think I truely became aware of being gay when i was 10 and i had a dumb crush on a classmate. But still even now i am slowly trying to come to terms with being gay. Like I think to myself "I still can't believe I am gay" and stuff like that.

#92 Arrius, Nov 15, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  13. The hornet

The hornet Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    When I was 12 I had a massive crush on my male best friend, I did not act on it, and that remains a regret.

I didn't accept that I was into guys until this year (I'm now 41). I did have a one night stand with a guy in my late twenties, but he was the bottom and it didn't really satisfy me that much to be honest.

Been with my bf since February this year. I have no regrets on how my life has been, as it's led me to where I am today. I'd never have accepted myself as being the utterly submissive lover that I am until this point. I still think it miraculous that I found my soul-mate just before the world turned crazy, we've been together every weekend bar two since early February. It's been so good, and so orgasmic! ;) 

Thanks for starting the topic, it's been cathartic to type this out.

Thanks,

A

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. SimplyDavy

SimplyDavy Citizen of Earth
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Lol. I don’t know if Sean feels this way too but it’s not like you know the words to describe what you’re feeling or anything but we are brought up in a straight binary world and at least for me I had my doubts that I fit into this at around 9 probably. I did like looking at boys. I found the way they moved and their mannerisms were pleasing to me. It’s not like it was fully formed yet but like everyone else I already had a vague notion that two boys were not supposed to be in a couple. Did I embrace this notion? Hell NO! by the time I was 11 I had daydreams about being close to other boys in my class and I had male celebrity crushes. All the other kids knew this too and called me names. At 13 I knew being with a girl was not for me.

15. Léo.MP24

Léo.MP24 Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    22 dec 2018 ; i just told a friend i was gay just for joke, and then i though "...Maybe i am gay", i was 13
    voilà!

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.