1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Bisexual Was it a mistake?

Discussion in 'Bisexual & Pansexual' started by Adora_Grayskull, May 30, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Adora_Grayskull
    Starving

Adora_Grayskull Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I didn't know where else to go and talk about this because I don't really have a lot of lgbtq friends and I'm from a very religious and conservative family, though I'm very close with my parents I just don't feel too comfortable to out myself to my family yet.

So I recently told my bestfriend about my bisexuality a month ago (I'm 23) I've always known I liked both men and women since my high school days. And, ever since I've outed myself to some of my close friends I have started to really love myself more and I realize that I really do like the same gender and whenever I see an attractive girl I find myself really appreciating their beauty.

I was also in a long term relationship. I broke thing off with him because I realized that I wasn't as in love with him anymore for a long time now and I felt like I was staying for the wrong reasons because I have invested so much time, effort, and love in this relationship. But at the same time I felt like I needed to explore this new side of me alone. I felt so bad for hurting him and I couldn't tell him about my bisexuality because I didn't want to make him feel that I never loved him because I really did and I just really fell out of love that's why I also left. I feel confused if I really did the right thing.

#1 Adora_Grayskull, May 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Dedicative Advisor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -1
    I don't think you did the wrong thing<3 What was wrong about it? People break up because they fall out of love with their partners a lot and that was the main reason why you broke up with him. It also makes perfect sense and is absolutely acceptable that you want to explore this new side of yourself and see where it leads. You and your life are changing and sometimes we don't change with our partners, especially when we are young. Whether you tell him about your bisexuality or not is entirely up to you, its not something he has to know if you don't want him to know. You didn't break up with him because you are bi or because you met a girl and want to be with her instead. If it was that, then yeah, I can see there being more of a reason to tell him. Under these circumstances though, I think its fine either way. I am sorry about the break up in general though, those are never easy<3

If you ever want to talk about this/anything else/be friends, you are always welcome to message me<3

3. Adora_Grayskull
    Starving

Adora_Grayskull Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much this means so much! It kinda sucks that I only get to know this side of myself when it's quarantine.

4. starlightprincess

starlightprincess Dedicative Advisor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -1
    Yeah=( Quarantine won't always exist though, it won't be this way forever<3 Things will get easier.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.