1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Wanted to Share this Video

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Thief King Bakura, Feb 10, 2019 at 8:45 PM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. Thief King Bakura
    Wisdomatic

Thief King Bakura Shiny Sword, My Diamond
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,745 / 0 / -6
    I'm sharing this video I found on my random internet searches. It does contain some cussing but the message of love and respect for us trans people is there. Thought it was cool of her to make this video and be real.

________
    Video
    -------------

2. Supporter
    Magical

Supporter Lord of Rainbows | Local Editor | O Wise One
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1
    This *clap* Woman *clap* Is *clap* Amazing

#2 Supporter, Feb 10, 2019 at 8:50 PM
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 8:51 PM
  3. Thief King Bakura
    Wisdomatic

Ratings:
    +2,745 / 0 / -6
    Completely agree. Like as a trans boy, while I haven't dealt with much *public* discrimination, I've dealt with some real transphobia from my own parents. Long story short, I've basically had to cut them out of my life. My "father" disowned me basically for standing up to him by filing a protective order cause of his continued emotional abuse. But I do have a great support system here and some people in real life who are there for me and that helps me so much. My heart goes out to the trans boys and girls and those who aren't so lucky. That's basically why I shared this, just cause it was important to let them know they got people who care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit

Ratings:
    +784 / 0 / -8
    Oh she is FABULOUS!!! Top marks for finding and posting this, Bakura-san. You have just made my day. :cool: 

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Addictive Contributor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the Trans person for the smile this morning.

Peace

6. Taylor Graison
    Feminine

Taylor Graison Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. Laughed out loud several times. And the veiled Barry Manilow reference was great!

7. RuneBeau
    Fine

RuneBeau Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing, I needed this! The closer I get to being able to medically transition the more I realize everyone I thought supported me irl were just faking it to be nice while secretly hoping I would snap out of it by now.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. BiBiLife
    Caffeine Fix

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I'm one of the "vulnerable cis women" (note the sarcasm) that bathroom bill proponents want to "protect". I could never understand why I should be so concerned over who is using the stall next to me. Are we going to have ID checks at the door for fuck's sake!!! Sorry for the rant, I've heard all the ignorant comments that she addressed more than once and it gets old really fast. Thanks so much for posting this.

9. Thief King Bakura
    Wisdomatic

Ratings:
    +2,745 / 0 / -6
    I experienced something similar. I thought my father was going to support me when I came out. He basically told me, not even two days after the fact (this happened at the tail end of 2017 or close to it) that I "wasn't a man and he didn't think there was anything about me."
    Fun fact: He said something similar last spring at a therapy session as well. He eventually kind of pretended to support me because the changes of my t were self evidence. But his abuse continued, even when I was out of his house and it got so bad, I basically broke contact.

So I get it. Those people suck. Get them out of your life if possible or just limit your contact with them if you haven't already. we support you here. Go forth and transition, be yourself and fuck them fake ass people. You don't need that horseshit in your life.

Also good luck with your transition medically. It's a big step.

10. Thief King Bakura
    Wisdomatic

Ratings:
    +2,745 / 0 / -6
    Hey, as a trans boy stuff like that makes me scared and it also pisses me off. All I do when I go into the men's restroom is....*drum roll* is go to the bathroom....wow....so.edgy....*sarcasm*

It wasn't about drinking fountains then...it sure as hell ain't about bathrooms now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. RuneBeau
    Fine

RuneBeau Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    It's so crazy to see how people we care about, love, trust, and have known for most of our lives or all our lives react so irrationally to us being transgender. I'm still the same person I've always been on the inside I just want to change the outside to match. It really shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is.
    I've had to take a break from pretty much everyone in my life in order to give myself time away from all the arguments and negativity. My friends and family think this is something that can go away with the right pills or therapy, that I'm broken, and people needing to transition is a myth. I'm SO glad I found this community so I can have people who know what I'm going through and who give me hope that it does get better. :) 

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. ~Dusky~
    Fine

~Dusky~ Ghost-Type
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -2
    I agree 100%.

The whole idea that separating the bathrooms by gender will prevent rape somehow is total NONSENSE. What stops them now? A BATHROOM SIGN WITH A DRESS ON IT? It seems like it would be NO DIFFERENT to me...

13. Thief King Bakura
    Wisdomatic

Ratings:
    +2,745 / 0 / -6
    Exactly. Also these "rapes in public bathrooms" that these idiots claim happen, don't happen. At least, I haven't heard of any. It just doesn't happen. It's made up bullshit to try to make us look like we are degenerates and lowlifes. Meanwhile, a trans person (like myself and probably many here) just go to the bathroom, to.....*surprise* go to the bathroom: we piss and we shit and we wash our hands and then we go on about our days and daily business like work, school, etc. It just doesn't make any sense that these dipshits make up this crap just to make us look bad and throw shade and act like a hater and overall just like a fucking dumbass. It just makes no sense.

It is nonsense. Like if someone is going to commit such an act of atrocity, they are going to do it. It hasn't happened (at least not to my knowledge) but why assume that trans people rape people, 9 times out of 10 it is usually a cis person that does this, and acts of violence are usually committed against us. What I'm trying to say is that them anti trans ads that you've probably seen/heard are just made up bullshit and propaganda.

It's just another means to discriminate against people who don't quote en quote "fit the norm." What is "normal?" Fun fact, us trans people have ALWAYS EXISTED! We have been around since the dawn of time. Also, in some cultures and in Native American/other native cultures, trans people are revered because they are believed to be reborn spirits reborn into a new body which is essentially true.

The only reason these asswipes are making a big deal about a trans people using the bathroom is because of propaganda, brainwashing, and overall bullshit. I have made a million (exaggeration) posts/rants about how bullshit that trans people getting discriminated for going to the bathrooms. I still stand by those posts, it is bullshit. I could go on but we can all agree that some people just need to get lives instead of discriminating against others. We don't hurt anyone. We are human just like anyone else: we go to the bathroom, drink coffee, eat, go to school, work, etc. just like any other walking and talking human being. Trans people are.....*le gasp* Human. omg, who would have thought.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. BiBiLife
    Caffeine Fix

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I heard of ONE: a cis man raped a trans woman.

The truth is HALF of transgender individuals are sexually assaulted in their lifetime. This is serious and needs to be addressed.

https://www.ovc.gov/pubs/forge/sexual_numbers.html

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. RuneBeau
    Fine

RuneBeau Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I have heard of a few rapes in public bathrooms where a cis male waited for someone to enter alone and then followed the women in. One was a friend's sister and she was murdered afterward, he was never caught. Rape and murder are illegal and terrible people are already able to get away with it without a "transgender disguise." Honestly, I think it would make a perp stand out more rather than help them blend in.

16. Thief King Bakura
    Wisdomatic

Ratings:
    +2,745 / 0 / -6
    I guess I should have been more clear. I meant to say that half the assaults are against us. Maybe I did said somethign about it. I don't know. THis is horrifying. My heart goes out to this women. I've already been sexually assaulted before my transitioning began, from about 16 to 21 and again in 2016. I'm not going to get it into it. That statistic is unfortunately true.

17. BiBiLife
    Caffeine Fix

BiBiLife Whatsername
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you mentioned most rapes are committed by cis people, with trans people frequently targeted.

A small gesture, but for what it's worth, internet hug.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.