1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Type of Lesbians?

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by FreedomWriterJackie, Jan 15, 2021.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. FreedomWriterJackie

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    So I already established I'm a lesbian. A friend asked me what type I was? I'm like"errrr hmm I don't really know my style is more feminine but i can rock a tux or tomboyish clothing like it's nothing too. i guess a mix of feminine and masculine?"

So this made me question what were lesbian types? could somebody explain this to me as i'm fairly new to the community on socializing and I'm not familiar with slang and types. not really sure what to even define myself as or even if i should at all?
    Somebody give it to me straight
    hahaahahahaha
    you know what i meant. :) 

2. SugarHiccup

SugarHiccup Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Does your friend mean lesbian stereotypes?

Sometimes people assume if you are a lesbian you are either into femme or stud butch (again they ask if you identify as a certain type e.g a femme, stud/butch, etc.)

I think there is a term for both equally feminine and masculine it's chapstick.

There's loads of lesbian 'supposed' types but am not sure whether that is a social media/dating site/app thing. I don't think many people label in real life as much. Just be yourself

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Fuzzlez

Fuzzlez Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    For some reason my confused brain read that as "Tired of lesbians" and I was wondering what that was supposed to mean.

To your question, I have no idea. I would've just called you a tomboy.

#3 Fuzzlez, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  4. elma

elma Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You look femme to me,and femme to me means "average",i mean how both straight and lesbian women usually look like

butch is a woman who is very masculine,tomboy is a more mild version of a butch ?

then there are andro girls who are in the middle

and then i have heard of "lipstick lesbians" ,those are very feminine women with high heels,dresses and wear makeup all the time ,i guess.

those are just stereotypes though ,lesbians come in all shapes and colours

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. FreedomWriterJackie

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much now i have a better understanding of what she meant. and yes that is what she meant.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2021 ---
    that made me giggle thank you. and i see what you mean.

#5 FreedomWriterJackie, Jan 16, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  6. Butterfly88
    Playful

Butterfly88 Has fallen 87 times and stood up 88
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,285 / 0 / -4
    What SugarHiccup said. Also there is a thing called soft butch where a woman is butch but a little more feminine. But honestly all of these types are just labels. There are all types of lesbians. Don't take it too seriously, just be yourself and you will find the right people.

7. AngelaM

AngelaM Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am a translesbian into pre op transsexual women and into women.A pre op MTF transsexual here

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.