1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trying to Write a Speech...

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by IAmConfuzzled, Nov 26, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. IAmConfuzzled
    Festive

IAmConfuzzled Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys! This is going to be a bit different than other posts, but for one of my classes I need to write a speech about the impact of prejudice on a group of people, so I'm going to write about the impact that homophobia has on the LGBT community.

I was just wondering, does anyone have any ideas or input? (I'm not trying to get you guys to do my assignment, just trying to get some different opinions and perspectives)

2. Zannan
    Elated

Zannan Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    I can tell you how being transgender and novisexual affected me.

I have always been tomboyish, short hair and boy clothing. Most of the clothing was passed down by my male cousin but, I have been made fun of for wearing them, even by my parents.

I loved dressing as a male, at six I always thought being a male was my destiny but it wasn't a thing in my mind. I didn't know what transgender was until 14 but was still confused as well, I like girl clothes and make up too, not to the extent as boy things so I wasn't really transgender right?

It wasn't until 21, I fully accepted I am trans*. And I still struggle with it. I am out on some online forums and that is the extent I will be out right now due to concerns for my safety but, I also fear about what will happen when I come out.

Will the endo refuse care because I crossdress and am not masculine enough, I have questioned if I go see an endo if I should dress masculine as possible and present myself that way but, I don't want to lie, I am lying now, I am sick of lying.

I feel like a pervert going to the bathroom, I don't belong in the girl's bathroom but I still get periods and have to go like other human beings. Will it affect housing, jobs? I deep down know that is a possibility and think my parents may kill me if I find out. I will NOT come out to them in person or even by email. It will be mail from a post office if I come out to them.

Oh and it is soo wonderful being fetishized on a online forum, let's leave it at that to maintain members innocence here considering it is a BDSM forum.

As for my sexuality, this I am out to some people about so oh boy, one of my first memories about it is asking a pastor if being gay is a sin, (was Christian at the time), him saying for me to figure it out, so I went with what answer my parents went with (mostly my mom) , it is a sin.

At 14, I started cutting due to my sexuality and was invited to a sermon from a friend, the sermon, the evils of homosexuality. I have been told I am sinning. (Still a Christian here but, rapidly losing faith due to other reasons though being lgbt had a part of it).

Hearing how I should be celibate by people, and how I ruin marriage, and me even mentioning sexuality is flaunting it doesn't make me feel happy to be here, especially when close relatives who don't know my sexuality say this stuff. I feel like a freak and have attempted suicide over both my gender and sexuality and I will eventually come out completely and "flaunt it".

I recently discovered the term novisexual and replaced bisexual with that as I think novisexual describes my sexuality better.

3. IAmConfuzzled
    Festive

IAmConfuzzled Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for sharing! I'm sorry about everything you've been through.

P.S I'm Christian too, and I like to believe that homosexuality is not a sin, despite what other people say.

This has certainly helped, so again, thank you.

4. Zannan
    Elated

Zannan Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -1
    I'm not Christian anymore but, more power to you.

And I'm glad this has helped.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.