1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trigger Warning! "Trump Presses Limits on Transgender Rights Over Supreme Court Ruling"

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Thief King Bakura, Aug 1, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Thief King Bakura
    Sarcastic

Thief King Bakura ✰Prince of HELL + UwU❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,061 / 0 / -6
    ═════════•°• [​IMG] •°•═════════

[​IMG]

═════════•°• [​IMG] •°•═════════

☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
    ☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
    ☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
    ☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
    ☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
    ☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
    ☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰*.:。✧*.。:。*.。✱ ───

As if you couldn't tell by the trigger warnings, I will be diving into some heavy topics today. Despite that monumental victory in the Supreme Court to uphold LGBT rights and protect us from discrimination. However, Trump and his HUD secretary, Ben Carson decided to uphold a discriminatory policy which allows "single-sex" shelters to exclude transgender people from these facilities that correspond with their gender identity....

[​IMG]

Ain't this some fucked up shit ya'all? So basically if you're a trans homeless person, we basically screwed under these new rules. Just when I think that things can't get any more fucked up, they do. I read about this first on a transgender Amino because somebody posted about it, talking about this very subject. I debated about whether or not I should mention it here, but decided it warranted mentioning since this affects a lot of us in the LGBTQ community. I'm just tired of these continued assaults on our basic ass human rights. Leave us the fuck alone! How fucking hard is that?

The article continued to summarize the rule. It also mentioned a transgender man that had been denied top surgery because it "conflicted with the hospital's religious beliefs" which is some real fucking bullshit. I really felt for him as I am a trans guy who has yet to get top surgery and isn't able due to fucking draconian healthcare rules because it's deemed by my state as an "unnecessary surgery." Unnecessary my ass! It is necessary for me as well as any other transgender individual who seeks to have some kind of gender affirming surgery. Yeah, I'm sick of this shit.

[​IMG]

I'm just sick of the government deciding what we can or can't do based on our gender identities, sexual orientation, color of our skin, and other inane factors. It's just fucking bullshit. I'm just sick and fucking tired of the government having a say over what we can or can't do with our bodies, our lives, and taking away/rolling back our fundamental human rights.

Do you know how many vulnerable LGBTQ+ kids and adults are in need of these shelters? More than I can count on my hands and toes, that's how many. To be even more at risk because of their sexual orientation or gender identity is just unfathomable to me. I just don't understand it at all. It's just so fucking, fucked up! I have no words.

But don't just take my word for it, read the article and come to your own conclusions. I'd like to read what you think of the article as well. Let's have a discussion about this. ...

(Click picture for article)
    ↓↓↓↓↓

[​IMG]

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.