1. $1. For $1 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to make a donation. Thank you!

TRUMP IS NOT OUR PRESIDENT

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Daeshan Buseck, Nov 11, 2016.  |  Print Topic

$1 - Support the site and go ad free for life for $1. Click here to make a donation.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 28 users.
  1. Allison Sophia
    Sad

Allison Sophia I finally did it!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -7
    He might be your President, but I don't acknowledge him as mine. Never will.

2. Daeshan Buseck
    Energetic

Daeshan Buseck Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
  3. Allison Sophia
    Sad

Allison Sophia I finally did it!
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -7
    For the record, I do NOT hold any allegiance to this or ANY country. I don't salute the flag and I'm not going to fight anyone's war. I'm PRO-LIFE, Anti-Hate and a peace person.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. 艺雨x
    Daring

艺雨x Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, I think Donald Trup is an intelligent man and he cleverly used sexism and racism to gain more support. He will not build a wall, I assure you. I believe he will not begin world war III or anything else. Don't get fooled, he says all kinds of shit, I hated him at some point, as a woman, all the things said were offensive, but if you really think about it - the USA has a problem with racism and sexism and white male is still considered better than anything and anyone. Trump used this to get on the top. I think he can do good for the country, he is also rich, maybe he can help with that too haha. After all, he had been elected already, there's nothing else to do other than accept it and hope for the best. But this is just my opinion, maybe i just really want to believe he's actually that smart and he will be a good president... i don't know. Just don't be too negative about it :) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar Reliable Advisor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 1 / -2
    I took my flag down over 8 yrars ago, concider mysef exiled.....

6. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar Reliable Advisor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 1 / -2
    I don't like to post political or religious stuff as it usually starts arguments, or just hatered.
    I know personally members of gay sites who just quit because the political stuff bothered them.
    I know 3 who quit because of religious stuff.

7. Halloween
    Batty

Halloween I'd rather burn than boil
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    I'm impressed on how strong and effective The Resistance Movement has been. But it's still very early. Time will tell if the same numbers stay just as strong and motivated in a year, two years, or through his entire 4 year term.

"Republicans Are Afraid of The Resistance"

Conventional wisdom had said all that protesting in the streets these past two months wouldn’t matter, because Donald Trump had won the presidency, and you all should just go home and “get on with your lives.”

Now we have proof that protest matters. Tweeting and Facebooking matters. Calling your representative in Congress matters. All of it matters regarding whether Republicans are stopped from going on a spree of law-passing. Activism always did matter, no matter what the opposition tried to pretend.

The problem is Republicans control all three levels of legislating, so they have the option of steamrolling their agenda. The first test of whether Republicans would really do whatever the hell they wanted, the country be damned, came swiftly. Without letting anyone know it was even up for debate, House Republicans shut down the Office of Congressional Ethics Monday. The country was shocked, for some reason. We complained, and Republicans got spooked and backed down Tuesday.

The ethics police will be sticking around, at least as long as the country is paying attention to make sure of it.

This is a win, and we ought to learn from it. Understanding why Republicans gave up on the ethics office requires at least some short-term memory, which admittedly is tougher these days with all those distracting Trump tweets.

The story: http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/1/05/republicans-are-afraid-resistance

8. Different

Different Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3
    I agree, the protests are counter-productive, and they are making themselves look very bad. People are just looking and saying 'wow..those are Liberals? That's scary, I don't want to be associated with those crazy people.'

Liberals shouldn't be sore losers. Liberals would be all over Trump supporters being sore if Hillary won, so it is hypocrisy..

I have come to accept a Trump Presidency. We will see what happens. I just hope it doesn't go so bad. I know rioting and being crazy isn't going to help.

9. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    "Trump Voters Are BEGGING Trump To Get Off Twitter"

"Even incoming president Donald Trump’s voters are waking up to his appalling narcissism and inability to act professionally. Trump’s Twitter account has continued to be dominated by personal attacks, gossip, and petty retribution targeting anyone who offends his oversized ego. Now, Trump voters are realizing what we knew all along: Trump’s tweeting (not to mention his policies) makes him totally unqualified to represent America to the world. They have started tweeting en masse to demand that Trump stops tweeting immediately."

"Molly Knight drew the internet’s attention to the protests against Trump’s Twitter with her collage of tweets."

[​IMG] Molly Knight Verified account ‏@molly_knight
    People who voted for Donald Trump continue to be mortified by his tweets and are begging him to stop: #MAGA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/10/trump-voters-begging-trump-get-off-twitter/

Halloween:

Is it wrong of me for really wanting to see other Trumpers attack those Trumpers for being 'disloyal' on not blindly following and supporting The President-Cheeto-Elect mindless, idiotic Tweets?

[​IMG]

10. MisterTinkles
    Dr Pepper Addict

MisterTinkles Once, I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -22
    Absolutely.

He ran for a political office, which pissed off all the obsessive nutjobs out there, as wasn't into politics until he ran for President.

He is his own self-made man, which pisses off even more people. And then pissed off others because he's a self-made man and cannot be bought and sold like whores on the open market, like all the other politicians are.....bought and sold by other countries, corrupt corporations, and religious psychopaths. Trump has his own money, he CANNOT be bought and sold like a standard political whore in office.

Politicians have to say what their owners tell them to, in order to get into an office. Trump has no owners, he says what he says, which pisses off all the other politicians because they cannot do the same.

Frankly, I'd rather have someone like Trump in office, who cannot be bought and sold like a commodity.......someone who isn't afraid to voice HIS opinion, not his puppeteers/owners opinions, and isn't afraid to tell us openly what his hopes and ideas are for this country......instead of LYING to us, and then SCREWING THE WHOLE COUNTRY OVER with their DECEIT and LIES (Obama and Bush!!).

As I've stated in my other posts on many other sites...........

Trump is going to be an elected official, regardless of whether he is a corrupt politician or not.......he is bound by protocols and certain aspects of the law on what he CAN do and CANNOT do in office.

And frankly, he's going to be so busy cleaning up all the shit that Obama and the Bush's did to this country in the next 4 years, he's not going to have time for anything else.

As far as a wall goes, I don't think money should be wasted on a wall. I think there needs to be a half mile wide canal dug between borders and filled with sharks. Like Trump, I don't care if you come over to the USA, but you better do it RIGHT and do it LEGALLY. Way too much of our tax money and resources are going to OTHER countries and ILLEGAL aliens, and all being taken away from OUR schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and homeless shelters! It needs to stop. Period.

As far as Trumps picks for his underlings...............it is my belief he is going by the motto "keep your friends close, but keep your enemies even closer". What better way to control and watch over those you hate, than to have them in offices under you, that you can control! Trump is a BUSINESSMAN, and he is making smart business decisions right now. We don't like WHO he is putting in offices, but I think he's doing it for a really good reason. I mean, really, think about it. If you have those people you hate in offices underneath you, offices you can control, then how else can you put a stop to what they do and say? Control those you oppose you.....thats how.

As for everything else.....most of it is bullshit, simply because every moron, zealot, and pscho out there is now using Trump as a springboard for their own personal agendas. And the truth of this is, THE SAME IS DONE WITH ANY ELECTED OFFICIAL!!!! You are going to have those douchebags out there who use and abuse the name of anyone in office, who they think will further their own sycophantic views and agendas. Trump has nothing to do with these people, but they are using him none the less. Just as they used Obama, Bush, and all other politicians in offices of on any political level.

Trump is unconventional because he is looking at everything from a BUSINESSMANS point of view, not a political whores view. And this is what is needed in order to clean this country up. And as the saying goes "you gotta break a few eggs to make that cake".

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Rude Rude x 1
    • List
  11. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    Was reading through the thread https://lgbtchat.net/threads/new-lgbt-site.18128/#.WHWADrlSDCM
    As I said in my one and only post there, that would be my only post. Iv just had something that was bugging me from my time on there, that I was unable to express it there to a full extant do to one of the unnamed members being a 'decider' who seemed to be 'trigger happy', when it comes to banning people.

I did not want to make a new thread on the subject, and this one seems closely related to my frustration, so I chose this one.

On the other LGBT forum site I was on before it got a little too fascists for my comfort, and I left, there were three members who seemed to be somewhere between Very Optimistic about Trump, to full on Pro-Trump. It was really disheartening reading their views, because..well even though they are queer on the inside, they are not queer on the outside. No names but...

1. Gay/bi (I am not sure) He is married to a women, and has children. Not sure how old he or they are, but I believe his children are grown. So he has been married for many years. (I assume) I guess he is bisexual?, but based on a few private conversations I had with him, he really seems to hate vaginas. (as in he find them disgusting)

2. Gay. But I'm not sure if he is out to ANYONE offline.

3. Transgender (male to female) who is making no attempt to transition to female. And seemed to be making an effort (out of physical safety concerns) for people in her community to only see her as a very masculine man.

Basically they are three queer people who publicly live 'seemingly' heterosexual/transgender lives.

I'm not saying their opinions do not matter, I am just saying they have no value to them when it comes to LGBT legal-rights .
    The incoming Trump/Pence Administration, and any and all anti-LGBT policies they enforce, will not effect them personally.

People who have nothing to lose in the way of Civil-Rights,...should pretty much just stay out of the conversation. They just come off very extremely offensive when they mock or undermined the fear and concerns of people who ACTUALLY have something to lose, as well as when defending the administration that could potentially take everything away from them.

Marriage rights.
    Adoption rights.
    Business Discrimination rights.

For people who are not concerned with loosening these protections, (even if it's just for the next 4 years) because they themselves will not need those protection (even if it's just for the next 4 years) They should really show some respect to the members of their community who have everything to lose in this Trump America. Even if that respect is as little as as them making the effort to stay out of the conversation.

#51 Halloween, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  12. GreasyMoose
    Dreaming

GreasyMoose Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 1 / -30
    Wasn't the whole point of the civil rights movement allowing people to express themselves, and be represented. Queer people aren't a mindless block, where you can just say "you aren't REALLY queer if you don't agree with me.". I remember hearing feminists say Thatcher wasn't really a woman for the same reasons... implying women can't be anything but labour in this country?

That will just make a mindless echo-chamber unable to challenge anyone?

I have a feeling why people like Trump's opponents lost and are losing ground was because their immediate reaction to challenges was to mute out the opposition, and just throw off some cliche "typical whitey, bigot etc." Meanwhile the opposition never had the privilege of being able to dictate who gets to speak and who doesn't. So when you get someone crawling out of an echo chamber on a live audience debating someone who knows the principles of a debate, it becomes obvious.

Really if these people are that horrible, wouldn't just allowing them to speak allow people to make that observation for themselves?

#52 GreasyMoose, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  13. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    Expressing one self to be represented as a queer person who supports an administration that is anti-queer. I'm not even sure what that groups flag would look like. ..I guess a rainbow flag, that was set on fire, and than put the fire out by pissing on it?

Maybe read my entire post around those five words?

When people express concerns about fear losing their jobs, marriage rights, custody of their children, only to be undermined by closet queers who is unable to even understand those concerns, it's very offensive, and not something one would expect for someone from their own community. They are not looking for someone to
    them on those matters.

Tell you what, instead of the suggestion of "stay out of the conversation" let's re phrase it to "stick to what you know" If you are unmarried, or have no plans on getting married in the next 4 years. If you are not in the process of adopting, or planning on adopting in the next 4 years, if people at your work do not know you are queer, or your not planning on coming out or beginning to transition to another gender in the next four years..when people who ARE express anger, fear, concern over Trump...just show a little respect and kindness and stay out of the conversation "stick to what you know"....

[​IMG]

14. Different

Different Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3
    A good response.

There is no question, Trump poses a threat to LGBT rights.

Outside of that, however, I can see why people supported him. Winning non-Queer people over to our side, I think, is going to be very challenging. There are many reasons for Straight people to like him. If we want victory we must assure them they gain something from it. I mean of course, the satisfaction of allowing people their rights is good, but there's a ton of issues this election was about for average Straight White Joe, that Trump was, probably, right on. I think if we want to actually be a formidable resistance we cannot just be angry Queers with few Allies. Trump won the election because a lot of Straight people are mad about certain Democrat policies.

I stand by my point about the effectiveness of being angry and obnoxious, by the way. There was no 'victory' like the Advocate article states, we just got them to postpone their ideals.

15. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    Watching Trump press conference again. The entire time he was speaking about the Russian Hack while simultaneously defending Russia and his desire to work with them, all I could do was think about the iconic photo of Obama giving Putin the "Death Stare"

[​IMG]

16. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
  17. TheAnswerGirl
    Cheeky

TheAnswerGirl Stealthily stalking about
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -8
    You Americans are so funny sometimes.

"Not my President." Laughable. If you are an American, Mr. Trump is your President. Grow up.

"Trump will destroy LGBT rights." Laughable. What non-event and untruth is this based on? I've seen nothing factual that could lead to someone drawing this conclusion. Time will tell, but there is nothing in his history of which I'm aware to suggest he's any more or less gay friendly than anyone else.

"If Hillary won, all the rich white people would be protesting and rioting." Patently wrong. Name the last time conservatives in America rioted in the streets like the progressives have been doing. It's never happened, the only rioting that ever happens is loony progressives with nary a wit about them. This is a universal truth, not limited to America.

I for one welcome back to the world the possibility of a strong America. I was embarrassed for America to see what it had become under Mr. Obama, a kowtowing, do nothing country.

Mr. Trump now has the reigns. Americans have spoken. Here's hoping he can lead effectively despite the halfwits who abound.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  18. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    "Donald Trump Inspires Self-Defense Classes in LGBTQ Community"
    “I want to be ready to defend myself.”

Full Story:
    Donald Trump Inspired the LGBTQ Community to Start Taking Self-Defense Classes

Halloween:
    It was too long to post the entire story on here, but it's worth reading.
    I selected a few passages to give a brief idea of the story, and how Queer American's are feeling right now.--

"Blake always brings mace with him when he leaves the house in drag, but now he worries if that’s enough. Rachel has begun to carry “stabby things” in her purse — an old fruit knife with a mother of pearl handle that belonged to her grandmother. A sharp, pointed tube of blood-red Ellis Faas lipstick that can double as a makeshift stake, should the need arise. Seth is usually on the lookout for someone who might share his critical appreciation of Janet Jackson’s self-titled 1993 album. Right now, though, he’s looking for a new boxing gym."

"Since the election, the number of hate crimes against immigrants, Muslims, and the LGBTQ community have skyrocketed, particularly by self-described Trump supporters"

“The state won’t necessarily go to bat for us,”

"Community centers and martial arts studios that offer self-defense classes have seen interest soar since the election on Nov. 8. Within a week of Donald Trump’s election, the Krav Maga Institute of New York received double their usual amount of course applications. Within two weeks, that number had tripled. "

"Lockton also notes that gay applicants have been unusually outspoken about their reasons for signing up lately. “We’ve gotten a lot of phone calls saying, ‘I am a member of the gay community. I am scared, and I need to learn self-defense.’”

19. TheAnswerGirl
    Cheeky

TheAnswerGirl Stealthily stalking about
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -8
    I'm reading a lot of anecdotes there, Halloween. Show us the data that supports "the number of hate crimes against immigrants, Muslims, and the LGBTQ community have skyrocketed, particularly by self-described Trump supporters." I say that is tripe.

As an aside, I'm happy to see some of us are more interested now in standing up and learning to defend themselves. Too many of us rely on someone else for our protection.

20. Halloween
    Batty

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,015 / 0 / -35
    'Alt-right' groups will 'revolt' if Trump shuns white supremacy, leaders say

Prominent members of the American far right predict that waning influence on the president-elect could trigger discord and vengeance within the movement
    [​IMG]

"Donald Trump will disappoint and disillusion his far-right supporters by eschewing white supremacy, according to some of the movement’s own intellectual leaders."

"Activists who recently gave Nazi salutes and shouted “hail Trump” at a gathering in Washington will revolt if the new US president fails to meet their expectations, the leaders told the Guardian."

Full story:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/27/alt-right-donald-trump-white-supremacy-backlash

Halloween:

....don't even know how to comprehend any of this. Both sides are Nazi's, I can't side either way.
    The only time we should even be having a conversation about this, is when discussing something out of a history book.

I just can't believe we elected a President that American Nazi's thought was the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.