1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trouble....

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by Romeo, Nov 8, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Romeo
    Cheerful

Romeo Just hate to be alone
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 0 / -0
    So, a couple of weeks ago my friend introduced me to a guy. We chatted like a friends and that was interesting and just about 30 minutes ago he asked me to go on a date tomorrow. He said he likes me and want to spend a day together so I said sure why not! I started planning our day tomorrow, found some pretty place for lunch and and places to go (like oceanarium, model car exhibit - his hobby btw, ferris wheel and bought two tickets to a concert of his favourite band ). Last one I asked him, that he prefers to dine in a very fancy bar or a quiet romantic restaurant... And the answer that I got made me fall into a stupor... He said: I don't care I'm aromantic.... I really don't know what I should to do..... Like... date is already a romantic stuff.... So should I act like we're not on a date, but just hanging out like friends?

And, now I got a message: Everything is ok? .... I don't know what to answer....

#1 Romeo, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,724 / 0 / -9
    Oh FFS... :( 

Given that we know very well that you are a romantic guy who is hoping to find Mr. Right, this whole thing seems like a cruel waste of time. I think it's really bad of him to ask you to "Go out on a date" (words which, in my book, automatically suggest a romantic intention), then drop the "I'm aromantic" bombshell after you've nearly finished organising everything ...including buying concert tickets!

If I were in your shoes, I'd be too angry to want to spend a day with a guy who is only after sex with no prospect of anything meaningful. I'd tell him to get lost, and go to the concert with another friend, just so the tickets weren't a total waste of money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Romeo
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Thespis, I think this way too... I just don't want to hurt his feelings, but in the same time what about me? I sent him a message and said that I’m romantic and I think that our “date” will not work at all. He answered that I can be a romantic and he don't care about it too.... I just though What?! Cos, I dunno, thats ridiculous!

4. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,724 / 0 / -9
    If he's aromantic, there aren't any feelings there to be hurt. The more I hear about this guy, the more I think you should just cancel. Like you said... what about your feelings?

5. Romeo
    Cheerful

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 0 / -0
    I canceled :(  I'm out of luck lately :D 
    And God! I'm gonna kill my friend xD
    Anyway, Thank you Thespis, I really appreciate it, cos if someone tells me like You should to try! I could go on a awful date tomorrow :/

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.