1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender Transgender Girl Denied Safety During Active Shooter Drill

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Blackangel, Oct 9, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 9 users.
  1. Blackangel
    Feminine

Blackangel I Haunt The Devil's Dreams
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. River W.
    Jammie

River W. Close the goddamn door
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,425 / 1 / -2
    Yeah I heard. It's just despicable. Gender shouldn't matter when there's a shooter. The goal is the get all the kids out safely. No kid should ever be left out.

3. Tights_and_Skirts

Tights_and_Skirts Reliable Contributor
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +349 / 0 / -1
    That’s fucking ridiculous. Especially since it’s a fucking active shooter drill. This isn’t a bathroom debate, it’s HIDING for Christ’s sake! I don’t know why they were separating by gender anyway - you just take the nearest cover! This is wrong on soooo many levels.

4. Thief King Bakura
    Badass

Thief King Bakura ☆ Start.the.GaMe.of.DaRkNess ✩
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,179 / 0 / -5
    Me when reading that article
    [​IMG]
    This pissed me off. This pissed me off because they left a student in a very vunerable position. Should it matter if the student is trans or not? No, she deserves to be protected as much as anyone else during a bloody active firing drill. But since she just happens to be trans, she is left alone and if a shooter was there, she would have been killed. Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ, these teachers need to be fired. Fucking disgusting.

5. Rachel D.
    Adorable

Rachel D. Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fucking disgusting, I figured it had to be somewhere in the mid-west, south or east coast (Virginia, in this case). I hope her parents and/or the rights organizations sue. I just filed a complaint with my local Human Rights Commission over housing discrimination, the more people do that and sue the fuck out of these places that mistreat or discriminate, the less it will happen. It's too bad that is what it takes, but It truly is. I know from experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Winnie Rinn
    Wishful

Winnie Rinn Demigirl and Pansexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -2
    This is horrible. I wish the best for that poor girl. I can't believe she just had to sit there while her teachers, in charge of BRINGING HER TO SAFETY (even if it was a drill!!), just argued about her gender. It doesn't matter! Just put her in the girls' locker room/bathroom and be done with it! If a girl is a lesbian or bisexual, are they going to move her for being a 'safety hazard to students'? This is so sad :( 

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Zannan
    Bashful

Zannan Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1
    Don't give people any ideas. Some people want that.

Anyway, this is sad, who cares? If this was real, she would have been killed. But, it would be okay because she is trans?

8. vegandreama

vegandreama Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    This is very sad. It's no fun being left out at such an early age just because she's differant.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. AudryLeigh
    Curious

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,127 / 0 / -26
    The entire staff of that school should have to take a course in sensitivity training, and a course in safety, plus that kid's parents should sue the hell out of everyone directly involved. This should not be allowed to disappear, but it probably will. Didn't Trump once refer to us as "collateral damage"? This takes the cake for stupidity though.

Hugs from a very angry
    Audry Leigh

10. Blackangel
    Feminine

Blackangel I Haunt The Devil's Dreams
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    If the worthless bastard was to call us collateral damage, that would mean that our worth had risen in his eyes.

The mere mention of his name makes me have to choke down my own vomit and take my migraine medicine at the same time. My hatred for trump would frighten Satan himself.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.