1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trans flag Easter egg in A Hat in Time

Discussion in 'Gaymers' started by Empyrean Finch, May 19, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Empyrean Finch
    Nerdy

Empyrean Finch Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -1
    So in a game that I really love called A Hat in Time in the new Nyakuza Metro DLC a trans pride flag appears as graffiti on a wall as an Easter egg. The first time that I played through the DLC I honestly didn't even notice it. I had to look up where it was just to find it. Sadly apparently this caused quite a stir in the Steam community with some people claiming that Gears for Breakfast (A Hat in Time's devs) were 'getting political' that it's 'spitting polical ideas in peoples faces'. From what I can tell the forum moderators actually took down the discussion page for the whole DLC because the debate was getting too heated between those who were upset at it's inclusion and those who were either supportive of it or didn't mind it being there. As one commentator sagely pointed out "There's a graffiti with the trans flag hidden away in the new A Hat In Time DLC. There's a 6-pages long thread about it on the Steam forums. I hate gamers"

Here's a short article on the subject: https://boundingintocomics.com/2019...hat-in-time-dlc-sparks-infighting-among-fans/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Thief King Bakura
    Balanced

Thief King Bakura Emperor of the Resistance
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,542 / 0 / -7
    Nothing new here, I'm not a big gamer myself (I have been playing Pokemon Silver for awhile on my Phone via GBC emulator but that's besides the point, guess I'm a "casual gamer" because I do play video games once in awhile. Anyway I digress. Also i will stop writing in parenthesis lol )

Honestly, this controversy is just sad and unfortunately not surprising. I'm not inside the gamer communities that much so take my words with a grain of salt. In my opinion this is such a STUPID thing to get worked up over. The reason I say this is that there are more pressing issues at hand. There is nothing "political" about transgender human rights or anyone's human rights for that matter. The only reason it becomes "political" is when such issues are often met with hatred from those who feel that those different from them shouldn't have the same decent human rights that they themselves have, it is as simple as that really.

It is really sad that in 2019 that such a simple thing as a trans flag as an easter egg has become such a topic of such controversy. I personally think it is a really cool thing to include more, well inclusion. As a trans guy, I appreciate the gesture. I don't appreciate the hatred such things are often met with. It is just an unfortunate side effect that while most of us have an open mind and try to live our lives and try to do good things for others. I'm not always the most open minded when it comes to some issues but I am trying lol. I have to admit that I'm more open minded now than I ever have been. Guess being trans myself, you sort of have to be because it allows me to be more empathetic towards others.

Anyways, I'm afraid issues like this will always spark some sort of controversy, even in the most open minded of settings. It just depends. We all really need to come together and have a deep conversation about issues like this. But that probably won't happen anytime soon.

The bigger question here is do these people have better things to do? What is the big deal about a little easter egg trans flag? Again, be outraged about corporate America and living in a country where your very human rights are at stake, I'm not talking about just lgbtq rights, I'm talking about human rights in general. Be Outraged about so many people going hungry, being homeless, racism, public education being shit, unnecessary words, the list goes on of issues to be outraged about. I guess I will never understand some people. We don't know because we aren't in their minds. I feel sorry for these haters more than anything because they must live a sad, dark, and miserable life to live in such a closed shell of a world. Haters gonna hate. We're here, we're queer, and we ain't going away.

3. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Funk Pirate The poly, naughty bi-trans futa ^^ happy to chat
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +380 / 0 / -0
    It's sad this has happened on a steam game.

Especially since the newest spiderman game on PS4 has a large lgbt area within it (as it is in new york city). And the flags fly proud in a number of locations.

~Fiona.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.