1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Top/Bottom roles?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by pjhanes0313, Oct 19, 2016.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 18 users.
  1. pjhanes0313
    Wishful

pjhanes0313 Addictive Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -3
    I actually never labeled myself as a Dominant or a Submissive, but im just wondering, how important are these roles to you guys?

2. Andavez
    Spaced

Andavez Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Being a Top or a Bottom and being the Dominant or Submissive one is such an interesting game of mix and match. Two categories, four different roles; generally two roles per person (e.g. Top/Sub). And then there is the Versatile (a category/role all itself) who can make or break the game.
    I believe these roles have considerable influence on relationships. Two guys of the same roles (whether one or two) will find that one of them needs to make a sacrifice for the team, so to speak, especially in bed. A persons two roles can make or break a relationship. However, being Vers (probably the most desired of all roles) can make things far less difficult and is the winner category in my opinion.
    Nevertheless, let us all not forget that cheesy yet everlasting saying, 'love conquers all obstacles ' or in this case, ' love conquers all roles.'

3. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -15
    Personally not much, but guys should understand that when I 'lust after them', I mean I want to push them down hard on a flat surface and ravage them. It'd be a bit awkward if our expectations are different so I suppose I should introduce my self as "Top/Dom, but if I really really want to sleep with you, I can bottom once or twice."

4. oreobi
    Amused

oreobi Bad writer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Top/bottom is not really an important but Dom/sub; yup. I don't like someone who is way too dominating because I don't like to be told to do something that I feel like I can't do. I like it better if both of us can give & receive (but the receive is probably more at my side, idm :) )

5. Barefoot
    Disapproved

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 2 / -13
    I suppose I would consider myself the active partner depending on the other person but I don't equate that with being dominant. I'm just a teddy bear. I just want to cuddle and make out mostly. Naked of course. :) 

6. flyboy15
    Cheeky

flyboy15 Invisible
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +326 / 0 / -0
    To me It's not that important. Why limit yourself by putting yourself in another box? Sex should be a shared experience....i think it would get boring if you always in the same role. But, thats just me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the Wolf
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +443 / 1 / -3
    Exactly, it could just be who went into the cave first, or who happened lay back in the bow of the boat, or has the wood,,,,,,,,,

8. Centipede
    Cynical

Centipede Audentes fortuna iuvat
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0 / -2
    I'd say I tend to be usually more of the dominant guy but I am a bit flexible so sometimes I do switch things up, but more often I'm dominant since it's just how I roll.

9. oreobi
    Amused

oreobi Bad writer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    This is so me and so cute haha :D 

10. Morfar
    Alienated

Ratings:
    +443 / 1 / -3
    I see my self as TOP and SUBMISSIVE
    or
    BOTTOM and DOMINANT
    Could this be a problem?

11. Morfar
    Alienated

Ratings:
    +443 / 1 / -3
    It wouldn't matter top or bottom, I'd be more concerned about the other than myself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
    #10 Morfar, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  12. Theory Elias Nygma
    Android Fan

Theory Elias Nygma For there is nothing either good or bad
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -15
    Top Bottom's got nothing to do with Dom sub :/ Of course it's not a problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. lyl syly
    Sulky Brat

lyl syly Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Top vs. Bottom
    Take me (please!), I am versatile (or was). But these days (I wish, I haven't been with anyone since Jan 2012) I may not be able to fully function on top, but I do enjoy myself either way.
    Dom vs. Sub
    I actually am a very headstrong, stubborn, independent cuss, and when I fantasize it is often about being dominant, but I can live with playing a little bit submissive if it will help my (hopefully future) partner.

14. snowbunni4u

snowbunni4u submissive femme

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am a sub, love my woman to be in complete control, I will submit to her both sexually and in everyday experiences

15. Freaky.Fiona

Freaky.Fiona Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 0 / -1
    It's not a huge issue to me, though I am definitely more a 'Dom/Top', as I do tend to take charge more with a girl, but have been a 'Sub/Bottom' at times (or just something more less defined/mutual). I guess I'd say I'm a more Dom/Top leaning Switch. LOL It really depends on the woman you're with and the circumstances/mood. :) 

16. BiMike

BiMike Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey all. I’m a bi guy. I see all this talk about top and bottom and dominate and submissive. I’m confused. If I’m attracted to a guy I’m going to assume that we will have sex, meaning anal both ways. No? Is that not the case? Hand jobs and blow jobs are great, but I want to feel it inside of me. Do some guys prefer no anal at all?

17. Freaky.Fiona

Freaky.Fiona Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +149 / 0 / -1
    I can’t exactly speak for any guy, but the whole top/bottom, etc thing doesn’t have to be the case in all situations, with all people, man or woman,it is just something that is quite common. If you and your partner both want anal, have anal. Likewise with a woman and whatever they do (which may also include anal, whether with a man or a woman). :) 

18. Destabilise

Destabilise Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    So for me, dominant and submissive are totally different to top and bottom. You can have a dominant bottom, submissive bottom, dominant tops and submissive tops. Just because someone does the inserting it doesn’t automatically make them dominant and vice versa. Personally I’m a submissive bottom.

On that note, not everyone is dominant or submissive. You can have relationships where there isn’t a dominant or submissive. They’re both just too or bottom.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.