1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

To My Critical Inner Voice

Discussion in 'Self Esteem/Self Worth' started by BiBiLife, Nov 2, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 6 users.
  1. BiBiLife
    Eat Me

BiBiLife ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,098 / 3 / -6
    You have been with me for my entire life, although it was only recently that I put a name to you. You're the one who fills me with doubt and dread, saying things like:

• You failed that test.
    • She doesn't love you anymore.
    • Nobody likes you.
    • That's the dumbest thing to say.

It's easy enough to ignore you when I'm at my best. But all of us experience lows in life, so you wait until I'm down to kick me, like the coward you are. You know exactly what to say to hurt me the most.

I'm on to you now. You are an aggregation of hurtful things said to me in the past and negative experiences. Like an abusive partner, you tell me that everyone is out to get me, and only you can protect me. But really, you just want to keep me under your power.

The things you tell me are simply reflections of yourself. You tell me nobody likes me because nobody likes you. You tell me I am a failure because in reality you are a failure.

You are a failure because I won't listen to you anymore. You have been dragging me down for two decades, but you are no longer welcome in my life. I know this upsets you, so scream at me all you want; I won't be listening.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  2. Thespis
    Balanced

Thespis Blithe Spirit
    Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,986 / 0 / -10
    I think many of us can relate to this, BiBi. You said it, love. :skype-heart: 

3. Corvus
    Chatty

Corvus I'm just me ^_^
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,122 / 0 / -1
    Love it. Wish I could be as strong as you've become; maybe one day. Every time I find myself free of the influence of that voice I get scared and go back for more bad advice.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. TallGrl
    Caffeine Fix

TallGrl Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +158 / 0 / -0
    Beautiful BiBi. honestly and completely beautiful.
    I have no idea how to kick that wretched voice out of my head sometimes, it ends up kicking me instead- all day long.
    But what you says gives hope that some day I will be able to hear it and laugh at it because I will never believe it again.
    Hugs x

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. JingleBells

JingleBells jιngle
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -1

I've seen some people try to fight their own mind, Some people try to 'fix' their own mind.. But i think the shadow sub personalities of your own psyche just wants to be heard, to be held, to be loved. Be kind to yourself. It has its own function, the inner critic, the inner judge Archetype, ( Carl Jung Shadow Psychology) The more you fight it, the more powerful it becomes, You are giving it more and more energy, Focus channels energy Like try not to think about monkeys, the more you try not to think about monkeys you need 'think about monkeys ' as a BASE to NOT think about monkeys and the more you try not to think about monkeys the more you focus on it and the more energy channels to it, Try sitting in a dark room in a dark house alone and try not to think about ghosts, you will understand. You feed it. By trying to actively suppress it.
    Your job is NOT to hate different aspects of YOUR OWN PSYCHE, its the dumbest bullshit humanity has ever done, fighting with their own mind. I mean.. Wow.. I can't believe how much damage humanity has inflicted upon itself fighting with and repressing its own psyche and creating shadow sub personalities in the unconscious mind, then these shadow sub personalities fuck with the conscious mind in many many ways, most things you are never aware of.. The more you repress it and fight with it, the more energy you give it, the more and more powerful it becomes, the more negative it becomes, its a VERY delicate issue to deal with in Psychology, And EVERYBODY has Shadow sub personalities.
    The key is WITNESSING, Being AWARE of these things that goes on, activities of sub personalities.. Understanding it.. Being Mindful of it..
    Be loving to yourself is the key, you give love you receive love you give hate you receive more hate, and its YOUR OWN MIND, why would you hate your own mind.
    You are witnessing consciousness thats witnessing the body and every single layer of your mind, Conscious mind in general and somewhat aware of the other layers like when you in waking state of consciousness like right now you are only aware of less than 1% of your whole mind, only less than 1% you are 'conscious' of, just the TIP of the ICEBERG, the rest 99% is unconscious to you now, in this state of Consciousness.. When you go to sleep Consciousness shifts into Dreaming state and Sometimes you become aware of just a bit more of your mind, the things that goes on in the deeper layers.. Understanding its all part of your psyche is important to not fight with it..
    When you ( consciousness) is only aware of the Conscious mind like right now, Just 1% it think it is this , And identifies with your name or whatever you think you are and all the contents and the things you like.. and REJECT the other parts which is stupid... Other parts of your mind, is your mind too.. And bringing awareness to other parts Via Mindful meditation or hypnosis or whatever gives you more understanding of the inner processes of the mind.. And lets you live a more fulfilling and easy and more balanced life, if you just fight with the parts of your mind without caring to understand your own mind, you are just hurting your mind more and more.. So fighting /hate is not the answer, Mindful awareness, kindness, being loving understanding and accepting of other parts of your mind is the key..
    Remember that its your body, its your mind, its not you. You are consciousness.. that witnesses all these ..And thats your power.. This understanding..
    Thoughts come and go, only if you think you are your thoughts you get fucked.. like.. Something i posted sometime before ... somewher else.. 'When i think of a flower-Picture a face-See a color-Hear a song-Imagine a word-I choose it? Thats it, Its not me, it comes and goes Like waves, Im the deep sea so still so calm and relaxed watching these passing by having fun! Thats mindfuness, thats who you are, Consciousness , Or you can choose to fight and split your own mind and al these broken parts wil keep on fighting endlessly inner conflict and you become more and more and depressed and anxious every single day.

#5 JingleBells, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  6. Jianghu
    Zorro

Jianghu chinese american gay dude
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +660 / 0 / -7
    I love this - so much that I read it twice.

But guess what... my Critical Inner Voice was sitting on my shoulder, reading it too.

And right now, that bitch is whispering in my ear, "Heh heh... you think you can leave me ? Go ahead. I'll be sitting here when you walk right back through the door." :) 

#6 Jianghu, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  7. peter white

peter white Lurker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This post is really great.
    But for me I only could overcome my critical inner voice, when I realize I cant experience happiness in this world.
    I'm not depressed I have my good moments.
    But the higher you are, the harder the fall.

"What disturbs and depresses young people is the hunt for happiness on the firm assumption that it must be met with in life. From this arises constantly deluded hope and so also dissatisfaction. Deceptive images of a vague happiness hover before us in our dreams, and we search in vain for their original. Much would have been gained if, through timely advice and instruction, young people could have had eradicated from their minds the erroneous notion that the world has a great deal to offer them." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.