1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Then, after all this medical stuff...

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by Carlita, May 14, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Carlita
    Creative

Carlita Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Original Star Trek USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
    Ratings:
    +533 / 3 / -4
    My father calls me up an hour ago and says:

"I know you're into the 'gay activist' thing. Some guy jumped off the bridge who was gay... these things you gotta know if you going to be an activist for "your people." I told him does he have anything positive to say. Then he says I shouldn't have anything else on my mind (the tumor thing) while talking to him. So, I just forget and start talking about gay men jumping off bridges and songs about someone I don't even know?

Sorry. Rant. Carry on.

2. MyNameIsLuis

MyNameIsLuis Greenhorn
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure he thinks he means well, but that's such a shitty thing to say anyway. I've never come out as bi to my family but I did come out as atheist a few years ago.

Since then, every holiday I get the old passive-aggressive reminder that I'm going to hell if I don't accept their Lord... they mean well I'm sure, and I love them to death, but Jesus... F off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.