1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Trigger Warning! The state of the Nation

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Bornunderabadsign, Aug 10, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Bornunderabadsign
    Gloomy

Bornunderabadsign Transfeminine Natural Disaster
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,678 / 0 / -3
    The current administration scares me. But let me back up a bit. After 9/11 under the G.W. Bush administration we got the Patriot Act and ICE. Fast forward to now we see how much evil has happened with ICE. Because of the Patriot Act we are under surveillance and have been for some time. It is the people in charge who get to decide what is considered a terrorist. Under ICE we have "detainment camps" which is just a nice way to say "consentration camps". With all the mass shootings, the majority of which have been white nationalist Trump supporters, they are focusing on the mental health aspects instead of the core issue with these people. I think that this is a ploy to get enough public support for making people with mental health issues second class citizens and may lead to us being "detained" as well. I've been vocal on how ICE is acting already but it could result in an even larger witch hunt. It wasn't that long ago when being LGBTQ was considered a mental illness and it wouldn't be hard for things to change back to how things were before. Already there has been pressure on POC's in how the police forces across the nation treat people for just being people. This trend to me is terrifying.

The Right seems to be against strict gun laws but how much of that is a front. Making us belief they are against it to build us up to the point where the Center and Left almost reach a majority before the switch tactics and vote in strict gun laws and in so doing make it hard to impossible fir the average Joe to get or keep their weapons and in so doing putting the right to bare arms in the hands of the select.

I'm a bit paranoid right now.

Epstein committed suicide recently. https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.w...9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html?outputType=amp How long before another news story breaks to cover this up. Epstein was a friend of both Trump and Clinton both of which have their share of scandals already. How far are they willing to go to hide their own depravities? Are we on the verge of America become "Das Vaterland" under an American "Das Führer" or our own Supreme Leader.

I'm afraid that dark times are ahead.

2. Barefoot
    Twisted

Barefoot Casual Observer
    Administrator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,155 / 2 / -12
    I was hearing whisperings of sex scandals involving high ranking politicians back in the early 80s that would make the current ones pale in comparison. I've lost the file somehow and can't find it anywhere anymore, but it was bad and I remember most of what was in it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. BlazeTheDog
    Depressed

BlazeTheDog Whatever you do, do it well. – Walt Disney
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    The problem is that the government is run by old white men that get hush money from the NRA and Oil companies. There have been more mass shootings then days this year and hundreds of innocent people have lost their lives or been injured due to them. When I go to school I wonder if that day could be my last and no person should have to worry about that. Our planet is also dying because old rich white men that run Oil companies pump money into politicians pockets so they can stay rich and don't give a shit about what happens after they die.

4. Thief King Bakura
    Caffeine Fix

Thief King Bakura One Thief King to rule them all....
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,840 / 0 / -7
    Honestly, I'm scared as well. I have been avoiding the news like a plague as much as I can. But I know I can't avoid it forever. We are always plugged into these 24 hour news cycles and something always is going on..can't escape it...I've been trying to take some steps back, especially concerning political news. I like knowing what's going on, being politically active (and I have been) but it made me almost burn out and I've been trying to limit my exposure to the news in general.

I am scared as hell for the state of our nation, especially since the two mass shootings went down, Trump giving ammunition to fucking white supremacist Nazi fucks, not knowing what's going to happen next, and just feeling safe enough to sleep or do anything, especially being in the LGBT community or any minority groups. You wonder if you're going to end up in the news because of a horrible attack. This is extremely unlikely but I do worry about that happening. But then again you never know. I'm afraid I'm going to get jumped by some asshole homophobic asshole or God knows what? Again, unlikely but the world we live in right now, you have to sleep with one eye open.
    [​IMG]
    I'm tired of the shit shape our USA is in right now. What's considered "patriotic" to these Trumptards is hating on people different from you. The whole crisis with how people are being treated at the border. I'm disgusted by all of if. I often wonder what our founding fathers would say if they were here today. They'd be disgusted I'm sure. And we'd have another revolutionary war on our hands, for our own country..I keep one eye on the news, waiting for another shoe to drop, wondering what bullshit is going to happen next, a state of anxiety, fear, you name it..I've been more sensitive to what's been happening and I have cried a few times due to something in the news, usually dealing with how people are being treated at the border, something horrific usually, and just the sad shitass state of affairs the USA is going through right now.
    [​IMG]
    The dark days are already here. It's just a matter as when will liberty and justice for all mean something again. It states specifically on the statute of liberty; "Give me your poor, your hungry, your huddled masses yearning to be free." This administration doesn't care about that. All Trump and his fucktarded assmonkies care about is seeing what they can get away with to push forward their divisive agenda and to see how much more bullshit they can get away with. I'm scared for 2020... probably more than I should be..reason being, I don't want any more of this shit, his hateful divisive shit, and toxic ass sludge pool of a base he has...I'm disgusted...beyond disgusted..I'm pissed off..and have been for awhile at the state of affairs that have been going on..no I'm outraged...
    [​IMG]

#4 Thief King Bakura, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  5. Larry45
    Benevolent

Larry45 Amateur bisexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +938 / 0 / -2
    Trump is an idiot, but I haven’t felt good about the future of the nation for quite awhile now. Nothing lasts forever, I try to be pragmatic about it. One cautionary note, if you think it’s violent now, just wait til someone try’s to confiscate guns. I don’t want to even think what will happen then. On the plus side, my health isn’t that great, maybe I won’t have to live through all the chaos

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.