1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender The 2 year update

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by Ella G., Jul 2, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Ella G.

Ella G. Transgender girl :)
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    So hey it's been two years since I first signed up on this site and my life has accelerated ever since. Two years ago basically nobody except one of my friends knew about my dysphoria, since then she decided to get out of my life. Just one day she decided to not text back anymore. Luckely I met my best friend shortly after and she helped me get thru a lot. Also my parent know everything about me now, and since recently most of my family. I can finally be myself and dress like a woman in front of my family at home which is amazing but it still feels weird. My stepmother and stepbrother still keep calling me a 'he' when adressing me and they don't seem to use my new name, even though my stepbrother did use my new name and called me a girl when he was drunk. Honestly they don't even seem bothered, as if seeing me like this is a huge burden to them. My stepsister, mother and dad on the other hand do try their best to call me by me prefered pronouns and name. My stepsister even wants to go shopping together. I also go to a psychologist since last year which has been really nice but it doesn't quite help that much, luckely I've been put on the list for the best clinic in my country for trans people. But really otherwise life goes well, I feel amazing wearing my clothes and sometimes I even get this weird feeling I have never had before, not quite sure how to describe it but it feels good. Only my wig and voice stand in my way now. I've even started dating recently, something that I have NEVER done before. Well thanks for coming to my TED talk, I just wanted to air out, hope ye enjoyed. :) 

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    #1 Ella G., Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ella G.

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

3. Kahlan

Kahlan Addictive Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +732 / 0 / -1
    Good to meet you!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Pretty Notable
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,084 / 0 / -0
    Welcome back and it sound like your friend is like mine and she held me as I cried and showed me how to love myself and be Me, a non binary person.

I will not transition but wear women's clothing and it helps be feel good.

I am happy for the first time in forever.

My father thinks I belong in hell but not going there anytime soon.

I wish you luck and I am happy for you have an angel like I do.

Pease - Jo

5. AudryLeigh
    Volatile

AudryLeigh Proud tGirl
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +3,042 / 0 / -32
    I hope you don't mean Tavistock. They are the creators of modern brainwashing techniques and propaganda. It is in their (secret) mission statement that they want to eliminate homosexuality from the Earth, and brainwash all trans people into believing they are not trans. Please DO NOT even walk into their offices.

Hugs,
    Audry Leigh

6. Ella G.

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    No, honestly hadn't heard of Tavistock before but from what you said, I consider myself lucky for not going there. Anyhow, I live in mainland Europe and the clinic I'm going to is actually respected by trans people here. However after in 2016 a trans woman went there that was a huge media person for the biggest news channel in my country the clinic has been quite busy.

Hugs,
    Ella

#6 Ella G., Jul 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  7. Ella G.

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    It's great that you feel happy and I'm very sorry about your father, I am lucky to have both my parents support me but we come from a very open community, unlike my step-family who come from a little village that was rather close minded. And as for the angel part you are definitely right, we both have severe problems but we help each other a lot.

8. Skitzen
    Creative

Skitzen Wandering Dork
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Hey welcome back! Sad to hear life has been rough, but glad you have your best friend, and at least some of the family are supportive!

As for your voice! Look up methods on feminizing it! One I have tried for myself (This works for both FTM and MTF) It is called 'big dog little dog' It is a breathing exercise, and can for you help make it higher and more feminine!
    And wigs can be painful to wear for long periods of time, be strong girl, you got this!

I am here if you ever need someone to talk to! I am FTM, but I might be able to at least listen, and offer some tips and/or give feedback on voice etc.

9. Ella G.

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +161 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the advice I will definitely check that out! As for the wig, I don't really mind wearing it but it never really looks or feels 100% like real hair, yet the wig was priced at 700 euros. Plus I feel like because of the shadow the wig creates my face becomes more masculine, which is a pain. Anyhow thanks for the help, appreciate it! :) 

10. jamesdeeno

jamesdeeno Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -2
    Welcome Back Ella, Hope you enjoy the life alot.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.