1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Transgender testosterone

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by bowtiesandbois, Jun 11, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. bowtiesandbois
    Beer Lover

bowtiesandbois dysphoric as usual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    hey

I'm trans ftm and I went to a gender clinic last month. long story short, they said I had to start T when I was sixteen and gave me a packet on information (I already knew all of it). I made my mom read the information and she talked to me recently and said I couldn't start T until I'm an adult (18). I don't know how to get it across to her that I need to start it when I'm sixteen or I'll be drowning in dysphoria like I am now. It feels like If I didn't get T before I'm 18, or by 17 I'll be fucking miserable and suicidal. basically me right now, except escalated. I don't know how to get her to understand that part, because she doesn't understand dysphoria even though I've tried to explain it to her.
    I know she'll never fully understand being trans, but I wish she would get even just how important it is to start hrt.

2. RuneBeau
    Creative

RuneBeau Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    I would tell her that being in a severely dysphoric state increases your chances of a dissociative disorder. Not everyone can or should wait until adulthood.

When I was a minor I didn't know how to put into words being transgender or gender dysphoria and get the help I needed. As result I developed the dissociative disorders dissociative amnesia and depersonalization. I lived a distance from my body in a fog state and when things got too hard to deal with I blacked them out. I lost years of my life and no one should be put through that if help is available to them.

Chronic depersonalization can have a severe and wide-ranging impact on mental health and well-being. The distressing experience of unremitting depersonalization is typically not an innocuous or harmless syndrome. Individuals with depersonalization disorder are more likely to experience comorbid mental health conditions, such as depressive disorders, anxiety disorders, suicidal ideation and attempts, and avoidant personality disorder. As a result of these interlocking struggles, sufferers can face difficulties and impairments in employment, personal relationships, academic achievement, independent living, positive coping strategies, cognitive function and focus, and overall social engagement.
    Quote from: https://medium.com/@zinniajones/5-things-to-know-about-transgender-depersonalization-8d0e27d29947

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.