1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Table Top Role-Playing Stories/Stuff

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Funk Pirate, Feb 12, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Funk Pirate The poly, naughty bi-trans futa ^^ happy to chat
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -0
    Hi All,

Wanted to start a Thread for the number of us that do Role-Play.

Do you have Characters you love, stories to tell?

Then lets discuss, chat and share :D  Any game, any campaign ^^

So I probably have a good 10-15 good Character under my belt or heck even more :D 

Currently playing 3 games.

Dragon Age:
    Joseph of Redcliff, ex mercenary scout who has (had) a distrust of mages and (still) for nobles.
    He is a bit of a poisoner/herbalist and makes his own opioids and poisons. He is also a vegetarian.

7th Sea:
    Fancois Leon Ansem, a Montaigne (French) merchant noble from Avalon (England), initially set out on an adventure to help an ailing family friend, which led to swashbuckling hijinx as well as winning a Isen (German) Manor house in a City called Frieberg. With his party he has slain a Dragon and routenly attends ball, both costumed and regular ones. He is always at the forefront of fashion even when cutting down curs.

forbidden Lands:
    (ill update about the 3rd game soon when I have a bit more time ^^ )

I also have other Characters on hold/limbo until we go back to them :D 

So whos gonna share ^^

~Fiona.

#1 Funk Pirate, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  2. Radical_Woomy

Radical_Woomy Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -1
    Oh I love playing stuff like D&D and have plenty of stories and characters to talk about. But I'm not gonna keep people here all day, so I'll just start off with some stuff and maybe add more as time goes by.

Guess I can shed light on what I'm currently doing. As of late, I'm the DM of a campaign with my local friend group. The plot is a little complicated, but to sum it up as best I can, it's kind of like a post-apocalyptic, political thriller meets that King story Under the Dome.

It's titled "Well of the Nexus"

Basically, a long time ago an interdimensional rift opened and the world was ravaged by the creatures that poured through. Think of like Pacific Rim and you get the idea. An ancient order of sorcerers took a stand against the creatures but was not successful, so in a last-ditch effort to protect what was left of humanity, they encased a large kingdom under a protective, magical dome-like barrier.

The remnants of humanity survive protected by the dome safe from the terrors outside. The governing forces within is an organization of religious zealots. The campaign begins with the party being part of a caravan that's been ordered to relocate them. But they nearly become part of a secret dark ritual and yada yada, you can kinda get the picture here.

There's conspiracies, the hidden truths of the world, they become part of an underground insurgency that recruits them as double agents, and multiverse stuff.

It might sound a little tropey, but it's just kinda the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot of effort I put into various plotlines and stories the party can uncover or put into motion because no DM should try to railroad. It's also kinda split into two different parts because I like getting more unconventional with my campaigns.

The first half of the game would play out like more of a fantasy, politically charged spy thriller, while the latter half should flip the game into an almost horror-tinged survival story.

It's been going rather well so far. The players are having fun, enjoying the story and characters. We haven't played in a while, but hoping to continue soon considering we left it hanging on a subplot that was like that movie The Endless meets Hellraiser with a dash of Alien.

I'm a horror junkie so I like including horror elements in my campaigns when I can and I feel it makes sense. One day I want to do a Lovecraftian inspired horror campaign that will require all players to make two characters and we swap back and forth between two separate timelines that don't share any particularly obvious connection at all. On the surface.

It's something I gotta work the kinks out of because it's also a rather ambitious campaign that would take some careful planning.

3. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -0
    Sounds awesome :D  I take it that's a D&D Campaign?

With what you said about lovecraft, we have 2 cthulutech campaigns running, one with mech pilots and a second as the secret brotherhood (think of it like a good cult), where our characters can shift into unnatural forms (but we are still good guys as the ritual was taken from the bad guys). My GM wants to join them later down the line, but we need to pick both stories up again as players have left the group, so we will see how that goes.

If you love horror/lovecraft you should look for Call of Cthulu or Cthulutech, they are both solid games and tech can be played a number of ways as it puts a future spin on lovecraft with a shot of anime and it works very well. Plus the art is amazing ^^

~Fiona.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Radical_Woomy

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -1
    Yea, D&D 5th Edition.

And I'll look into that stuff. I had an idea for a campaign surrounding Mechs as well. Which is basically like Mad Max meets Metro 2033 but with mechas.

5. Mallow
    Balanced

Mallow Hot Cookie
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    This sounds so cool. I love the unique world building! I'd love to be in a campaign like this, but my friends are about as creative as a sack of crayons and they get bored twice as fast.

Have you ever considered hosting an online campaign over Roll20.net or something like that? I, for one, would jump at the chance.

As for my characters, I'm more into writing. I've got a catalog of all sorts that I'm trying to flesh out into stories. When I play D&D, I usually spend more time on my backstory than anyone else. My brother once had a character with the backstory of "He's a drunk." I could've strangled him. I'd written 3000 words for my character and it was all down the toilet because his drunk dwarf was so asinine that I was killed indirectly by his shenanigans. It was funny though, in hindsight.

6. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -0
    Kool, we never got into 5th Ed as we are staunch 3rd eds/pathfinders ^^, but my bf has is own world made from when he played AD&D, so its been around a very long time :D 

Kool, sounds like a very kool mix, if the Palladium system was better I would advise that as they have a very Mad Max style setting, but with magic and mechs, and there is one class of pilot that goes around in suits that is finished in all chrome. They are called Glitterboys, have a google search and you should find something about them :D 

Yeah its a bit of a shame if you cannot find the players. We have not tried or even thought about online playing as our internet connection is not great and also no PC so our kit to do so would be grossly inadequate.

Ive only ever had one character die and although it was an evil campaign (we were all 3rd ed Warlocks), his death as due to a player holding a bit of a grudge as he metagamed and made actions his second character would not have done as he did not know things that his first did, though it was also because we mocked him about how is first character died xD it was quite funny xD

~Fiona.

7. Radical_Woomy

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -1
    I've actually never done an online DnD campaign before but I've been wanting to. Gonna try putting something together someday.

8. Funk Pirate
    Horny

Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +922 / 0 / -0
    We had a friend that played with us, but then had to stop coming to the sessions (as he needed to stay home and babysit), but we did try to skype for a few months, but the connection was not great so had to end it.

That's the furthest we have been to roleplaying online.

~Fiona.

9. Autumn :)
    Anime Lover

Autumn :) Pantastic^^
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I roleplay just not d&d stuff... I have history ocs?

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.