1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

T , Blockers, and FtM

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Miles., Mar 25, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Miles.

Miles. Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    So I think im ftm. And i got my period a couple months ago, and i was wondering about t and blockers and stuff. I know a lot of people don't use blockers (and my family definitly couldn't afford them) but i don't wanna keep looking like a girl. All the bio women in my family are really naturally curvy, and I don't think I could pass like that. Would t change that? Does t cost? Does insurance cover it? I know i have time (im only 12 for some backround) but i don't wanna fully develop and have to go back all the way. When should one start t to prevent more changes? ugh. I still haven't come out even though i would be supported. Did anyone have the same situation and start t? halpp ma. (ps if u saw y last post my dad texted me something weird like that again. I didn't know my dad was so emo lol. but i still don't know y he is doing it. he probably just wants to talk to me. if u didn't see it don't be worried lol.)

2. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +893 / 0 / -7
    I just noticed your post. Are you still around this site and trying to figure out?

3. Miles.

Miles. Great Learner
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I mostly left the cute cuz I stopped getting replies but I'm back on to ask something today.

4. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +893 / 0 / -7
    Hey, have you found the answers to the questions you had? You can have a basic knowledge about transitioning and stuffs on the internet, but first thing I think you should do is to come out to your parents if you believe that they would be supportive. Talking to someone and getting understanding are something that can relieve some of your stress. You seem you are pretty smart guy for your age, so I'm sure you would choose wisely, but if you don't talk to your lawful protector, you won't be able to get anything done at your age, and doing stuffs without professional advise is not recommended.

Insurance part is depending on what kind of insurance your parents have, and even if it covers it, you still need to see therapists to have diagnosis and go for any transitions. Starting T at around your age might not be easy, but blockers might be a easier step. The main reason many FtM don't start T in puberty is because it can suppress your height growth----both sex hormones, testosterone or estrogen, stop the growth of bones early. So until your height growth stops, you'd better refrain from using T, and use blockers instead. Blockers will stop your sexual maturation, meaning feminization.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.