1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Straight guy looking for answers on friendships

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic)' started by James terrance, May 30, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. James terrance

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey forum. I’m such a slept guy who’s absolutely tolerable to everybodys lifestyle. Idc
    So with that said I have a question that I’d like to ask without offending anyone. Well I’m not sure it is offensive that’s why I’m asking.
    I was talking to my female partner and I mentioned I wouldn’t mind having a older gay friend because they seem more grounded and the younger ones usually seem too sassy for me to relate to. Is this offensive? Is this common? Should I be woken up? I’m all willing to change anything remotely older thinking.

2. Tzap

Tzap Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +226 / 0 / -0
    Stereotypical views.
    Older being more mature and act as a teacher more of a homelyhomo, the younger being the nightclubbing 24/7 party boy carefree and promiscuous finger clicking girlfriend calling hair flicking mouthy bitch???
    Offensive ???

Sorry if I offend with my reply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. LouisBlue
    Frustrated

LouisBlue Dedicative Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -1
    I mean, you do realise you talk about human beings as if they were just objects for you to have and judge, right?
    Being gay is not a personality.
    And it is not a "lifestyle".
    Also, people are living breathing individuals. You can't just generalize them and put them into boxes that you have created.
    So yes, you might have to go and "wake up" and fix your way of thinking about LGBTQ+ people.

4. Jaye
    Artistic

Jaye Kinda Hot Cookie
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Tolerable? Lifestyle? Already lost me at the first sentence.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. john1010101
    Old Hag

john1010101 Almost Gone
    Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +546 / 0 / -6
    Sorry but I had to read others responses to decode you post. At my age, 73, much of today’s English usage escapes me. “. . . . slept guy who’s absolutely tolerable to everybodys lifestyle”
    I’m still not sure what a ‘slept guy’ is but I suspect your usage of ‘tolerable’ should have read ‘tolerant’ . Otherwise it appears you’re claiming everybody is absolutely ‘TOLERANT’ of you.
    I have no idea what you mean by ‘sassy’ unless you’re telling us you couldn’t cope with someone younger and smarter then yourself. Then we have the question of what it is you actually expect from a relationship with ‘a grounded older one’.
    All too confusing for me.

6. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,299 / 1 / -36
    We older guys certainly have our strong points -- but could it be that an older gay man seems less threatening than a younger gay man, in that you feel there would be less risk of inadvertently feeling attracted to him? It's only a possibility, but it's worth considering.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.