1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Gay Sodomy

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Gay guy, Oct 21, 2018.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. Gay guy
    Lurking

Gay guy 20 and Proud to be Gay
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +259 / 0 / -2
    what do people think about the word sodomy? Am I just really blasphemous that I feel the word sounds really hot. Like if a Christian told me I was committing sodomy I’d be like ‘hell yes I am’. It’s like how we’ve reclaimed queer I want to reclaim sodomy. Sodomite and proud

2. Spob
    Apelike

Spob Expert Homosexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -0
    I think it's a bs term from a bs story to keep bs laws.

Because of its past and it still affecting so many, I would not like it to part of our future.

3. Larry45
    Benevolent

Larry45 Reliable Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -1
    Frankly I love sodomy

4. Being.
    No Mood

Being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 1 / -13
    I think the word has bad implied meanings in completely different ways to what we have reclaimed in the past. I would not like this word reclaimed.

5. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,359 / 1 / -31
    Given its biblical origin, trying to put a positive spin on "sodomy" presents problems. The real sin of Sodom, by the way, was its failure in its duty to welcome strangers -- remember the angels turned away from people's doors? The anal intercourse stuff was woven around the Biblical story in later centuries -- it's not in the text.

Welcoming strangers into your home was a basic moral principle among the desert tribes of the Middle East, where turning somebody away could make you responsible for their death. It's still an important part of the moral code of Islam, but too many European Christians always have been too xenophobic to go for it -- and remain so, as you can tell from the rise of AfD, UKIP, and all the other right-wing parties in Europe. The Republicans in the US, of course, are more of the same these days. Trump, in his opposition to immigration, is a Sodomite. ;) 

6. zen

zen Curator, Royal Academy of Inappropriate Handshake
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +626 / 0 / -2
    While it's very informative as your other comments are as always, the later part, I think, is somewhat far fetched to juxtapose the act of not welcoming travelers in the desert who will eventually leave after a short stay, who also have a high chance of dying if he is not welcomed in the house, with the act of not welcoming immigrants who will permanently stay in the country for better life but not in the immediate danger of losing their lives, who also have high chance of committing violent crimes/being a burden of the society/being not appreciative of the hospitality, especially when there are already so many of them in some countries.

The words Sodom and Gomorrah kind of sound like the names of monsters in the movies like Godzilla. LOL They don't mean shit to me who is a Buddhist turned agnostic, but believing a book written by Romans who killed Jesus 4CE earlier tells me somethings about that person.

7. Being.
    No Mood

Being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 1 / -13
    As much as I think a lot of us don't like religion here.
    You don't have to go around insulting others who do believe.
    Kinda just makes you as bad as them.

8. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +626 / 0 / -2
    Insulting is a strong word. I thought I avoided insulting anyone by using a blurred expression--"somethings". I didn't include any insulting words by not specifying what is included in this "somethings." It could be naive, or happy, or anything really, and it was you who interpreted this "somethings" as negative connotation. Well, I did mean negative, though, but I didn't specify then. LOL
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2018 ---
    Also, who do you indicate by this "as them"? Believers? Then, now you are implying that they are "bad". LOL

#8 zen, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  9. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +4,359 / 1 / -31
    If you were in the US, rather than Japan, I would assume you'd swallowed Trump's KoolAid. Here in the US, immigrants are significantly less likely to commit crimes than the native-born population, and many Central Americans are in immanent danger of losing their lives if returned to their home countries, due to a frayed social fabric created, in large part, by a century of colonialist interventions by US corporations and government. MS13, the immigrant gang Trump likes to bloviate about most, was founded in Los Angeles and exported to El Salvador -- where it took root in a climate of corruption created in large part by our CIA.

Frankly, the US economy needs immigrants -- almost as much a Japan's does. In both countries, our populations are aging, and not having nearly enough kids to continue supporting the growing ranks of the elderly. I'll probably be dead before the US Social Security system goes broke -- but the problem is worse in Japan, and I imagine you're a lot younger than I am.

10. zen

Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +626 / 0 / -2
    Oh, come on, this is a nasty insult to equate someone to Trump supporter. LOL I feel guilty for discussing about completely off-topic heavy political issue on a casual thread like this again...sorry about this.

No, I consider Trump's existence as a complete comedy, or nightmare, lol, but we all have to admit that US has many troubles with immigrants, and it's silly to label all of what he does automatically as bad, considering you are soaking yourselves with wealth with booming economy that is peaking under his administration. Also, juxtaposing different cases such as US--a county of immigrants, with countries in EU, Japan or any other countries in regards to immigration policy/issues is silly. For one, Japan is surrounded by Russia, China, and North/South Korea-- All of them are mafia of the world that don't have any respect to international law, and they also have nukes and thousands of missiles. Trump only started to worry about North Korea only after that crazy pig-Kim Jong Un started to threat you with ICBM, but we've been dealing with them for very long time. Japan don't have friendly well-behaving countries as neighbors like you guys or European countries do. Japan already have millions of Chinese/Koreans who have fake IDs who were taught fake propaganda since they were infants, taking over media/lands such as important water resources and the land adjacent to military bases, and many illegal sneak ins, industrial and political spies, as well as regular territorial sea/air intrusions every single day. The situation is completely different. We even have North Korean spies in our parliament, and yet we can't do anything about it since we don't even have a law to arrest such spies, because of the constitution US made some 70yrs ago and the hurdle to change this constitution is very high it's practically impossible to do so for 70yrs.

I know US has been bullying many countries, including Japan, with unfair treaties, and other methods of interference for centuries. This was the biggest reason Japan went war with you guys at the time. Japan had to open its ports because of US's interference by force from the beginning of our interactions in 1853. LOL Anyway, I think the best solution for solving deep rooted problem of immigrants is not accepting them from those victimized countries but to stop bullying and help them build their own economy, or this problem will persist forever. Look at some African and South East Asian nations economically growing rapidly. With a help of planting proper engineering/technological licensing they also can bring back healthy economy to their own country.

I believe the main reason major EU countries decided to accept immigrants from their old colonies in 70s were not from the idea based on philanthropism but the well-calculated benefit/risk balance of their own reasons. Cheap labour, more tax payers, and retention of the market/national power of their own. Isn't it really twisted that we still pursue our own benefit at the expense of immigrants from weaker countries?

#10 zen, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  11. Morfar
    Alienated

Morfar The eye of the Wolf
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 1 / -3
    Too me it means RAPE.

12. Being.
    No Mood

Being. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 1 / -13
    That's what I was trying to explain earlier.
    A lot of people associate the word with rape. It implies a lack of consent.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.