1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Asexual socializing

Discussion in 'General (Off Topic Lounge)' started by yojin, Jun 26, 2019.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. yojin

yojin Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i need help cause im currently starting to feel anxious about socializing, i used to be good at exchanging words before, but these days i feel like i don't want to and to me it seems like im too boring to be with. i tried to use words that makes me look fun to be with but i get ignored at times anyways, i also clown a lot to atleast get a reaction cause im the kind of person to like attention. also im currently dating someone and i haven't been talking to her that much because i was getting anxious if she would still find me interesting when the topics that we talk about are always the same, in conclusion im pretty bad at socializing and im just trying my best to communicate with other people, i really need help about this.

Sent from my SM-J320Y using Tapatalk

2. xxLovelyxx
    Tired

xxLovelyxx Just your friendly neighborhood whatever.
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    What you're talking about sounds a lot like my own anxiety. The way socializing makes you anxious. The way that your thoughts spiral, making you think badly about yourself. Worrying about small things such as if people find you interesting. All of that sounds like anxiety. Now, I'm not saying you suddenly have anxiety, but it's something to consider.
    But, for what it's worth, I wouldn't worry about wether or not people find you boring. You are not on this planet to entertain everyone. You are here to live your best life.
    I don't know if that helps or not, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I'd be happy to be that person for you.
    I hope happiness finds you,
    ~Jamie

3. Jo A
    Innocent

Jo A Reliable Advisor
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +634 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to a safe place to be you and not be judged.

This may seem simple but you seem to have written very well. I think you under estimate what you can do.

The hardest part is to trust yourself and enjoy just talking about general things and let it grow from there.

Some times the simples things are the hardest.

I wish you well and you keep being you.

4. yojin

yojin Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thank you, i appreciate that

Sent from my SM-J320Y using Tapatalk

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.