1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

so, i saw something that hurts

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by EternalyShattered, Oct 11, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. EternalyShattered
    Innocent

EternalyShattered lil smol panda
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm not trying to spread rumors or anything, but i have to do a journal in class about whats going on in the world, and i saw that trump is going to sign an executive order. usually, i wouldn't think anything of it. id just scroll by it and conclude it has nothing to do with me. but i was wrong. so wrong. the executive order stated that "the claims of the religious objectors will take priory over the rights of the lbgtq+ community". now, i don't know if this is true or not, and let me know if it is, but i know that it is unconstitutional to do that. the point of the Constitution is to make sure that everyone is created equal. i mean, the very rights that ive, along with others, have been fighting to protect, are being trampled by religion. going back to legality (and correct me if im wrong, again. im no expert by any means.) the constitution says the the church and state must remain separate to keep a clear judgement and fair sentencing in court. now, im just a 17 year old gender fluid, but i know my rights as a human and when they are being violated. this is so wrong and bad, i hope its fake. that's all i have to say on the matter.

2. Valarmorghulis
    Dead

Valarmorghulis Opai dragon !
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +864 / 20 / -309
    saying that you deeply offended by something that is beyond your control is a bit much. But regardless i hardly think society will devolve it will just let religious people be douche bags if they want too and to be honest the ones that are likely to be are the ones that still are anyway so.. You can't force someone who's religion is against you to change for them to change what they believe based on your feelings is actually quite backwards in my opinion.

3. GreasyMoose
    Dreaming

GreasyMoose Well-Known Contributor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 1 / -33
    The executive order actually had that quote in it?

4. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Badass

CoffeeUnicorn34 B A K U R A◆Thief King Badass
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 0 / -1
    Honey, I can understand you being upset. I'm deeply upset by a lot of what is going on too. It is hard to be transgender and then have a government that uses religion and stupidity to govern a nation and oppress others that don't fit in that tiny very narrow box.

However, despite all of this, there are many who are against this sort of thing, myself for one. Please try not to let this get to you. It is just a bunch of stupid people that don't know what the hell they are doing. They are doing it out of their own stupid self interests and not that of the USA. You're valid, amazing, and you're going to live a great life. I'm here if you want to talk. You're not alone. I promise. We will figure this out together.

~Thief King

5. angel70
    Supportive

angel70 The Old Guy
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,912 / 1 / -16
    Here's what's actually happening -- and it is upsetting:

There remains some question as to whether or not it is unconstitutional or illegal to discriminate against LGBT people based on religious conviction. During the Obama administration, the Justice Department interpreted laws that forbade discrimination based on sex to include LGBT people. Now that Jeff Sessions is Attorney General under Trump, the Justice Department has changed its interpretation, and seeks to exclude LGBT from protection. There are a number of cases before the courts right now where the federal government has changed its position with the change in administration.

The fight is likely to go on for a long time -- probably for longer than Trump will be president -- but he's been appointing some very conservative judges. One current nominee has expressed the belief that transgender children are spawn of the devil. We only can hope he isn't confirmed.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.