1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Sick of My Payee's Games

Discussion in 'Important life issues other than LGBT' started by Thief King Bakura, Sep 1, 2020.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Thief King Bakura
    Badass

Thief King Bakura ✰Prince of HELL + UwU❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,116 / 0 / -6
    I normally don't like to talk about my financial situation as it isn't why I'm here. However, I have to vent and get some shit off my chest. I have a rep payee because I'm on on SSI. I've been working with this payee organization the past few years but the shit is hitting the fan in terms of I am tired of their bullshit.

Every couple weeks we get an "allowance" of sorts and we have to bring in the receipts of the previous few weeks. With that in mind, let us continue....

I've been doing my best to keep track of all the receipts, bringing them in on time, using bank statements for receipts I don't have because essentially a bank statement is a giant receipt which they have accepted. These past few weeks/months, they've been cutting my allowance for missing receipts which I will own up to. However, I've done my best to get the missing receipts turned in via bank statements or what have you. It's not like I'm intentionally keeping receipts from them. Doing that would hurt me.

However, despite me turning in almost every backlog of receipts/phone and internet statements, etc. They are still cutting my pay. Luckily, I have been able to get a verified letter from my therapist which states it's in my best interest to become my own payee.

Today when I was at their office, like I usually am every couple weeks on the first and seventeenth of each month; I naturally asked in a civilized tone, "Why's my pay cut? I don't understand." *Emma the receptionist stated it was because I was missing receipts. So I replied, again trying to keep a respectable tone, "I've given you guys every receipt I had, including the one for the stimulus amount I requested back in July. I don't know what you guys want from me. " I'm very frustrated by this point as you can imagine.... These people have no right playing with their clients lives like this.....

So my new payee rep named Matilda* comes over and explains I'm still missing a certain amount of receipts. In the past, my former payee rep named Teresa* would have worked with me and listened to me and would have been respectful. Matilda was anything but.. she was condescending and fucking rude.

Then she was like, "You have by the end of the week to get August's receipts in." I was fucking done by that point and didn't have the mental strength to argue further as it was clearly doing me no good. All I was trying to do was ask what was going on and they just give me a confusing fucking mess. Just when I thought I was on the up and up, I had turned in my backlog of receipts including past phone and internet statements (I still have the email to prove I sent them) and they're saying I didn't.

I am so fucking done with their bullshit. They treat their clients like fucking children who don't know any better. Instead of making a compromise and working with us, they punish us for shit that is sometimes out of our control. I have been so fucking damn good about giving their asses every fucking receipt I have. Yet, that still ain't enough for these fucktards. I'm so fucking done!

I know I keep repeating myself but it seems like when I'm finally making some headway with them, turning all the receipts I have in to them (backlog and all), it still ain't enough and they find something else to punish me with. I know I probably sound overdramatic but it just seems like nothing is ever good enough for them and they treat their clients like shit. I can't play these games anymore. I've done what they asked and have been good about bringing in my receipts. Even bringing them in a bit early the past few times and it's like they conveniently forget that you did when though you fucking know you did. It's fucking bullshit!

I know I'm still going to have to work with them for a bit longer until I (can hopefully) work on being my own payee and getting control of my finances. I'm just tired of struggling to make ends meet because they decided to punish me on make believe bullshit. They have no fucking right to play God with our finances. It's wrong and I won't stand for it. They're such fucking assholes! So done with their shit! Ugh! *Makes angry bakura noises*

2. Jayme82
    Loved

Jayme82 The Legend of LGBT
    Moderator Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,031 / 0 / -3
    I'm sorry to hear that Bakura but unfortunately I don't have any experience with what your talking about I wish I did and could help you figure out how to deal with these awful people what did they do attend Trump university majoring in dumbassery and a bachelor's in bullshit?
    I'm so sorry your dealing with this hopefully you can be your own payee soon *hugs"

3. Thief King Bakura
    Badass

Thief King Bakura ✰Prince of HELL + UwU❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +5,116 / 0 / -6
    Even if you don't know how to help, I appreciate your reply all the same. It makes me feel like I'm not going crazy. You made a good point, I think they did attend Drumpf University and majored in dumbassery with a bachelor's in Bullshit. That seems to fit the bill with them. Thanks for your support. Reading your reply helped me feel better.

4. john1010101
    Old Hag

Premium Supporter Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 0 / -12
    Sorry, I can’t translate "I have a rep payee because I'm on on SSI.” into anything that we understand here on the other side of the planet. However, I do smell the rotten stench of M BA graduates. You can take a moral, intelligent human, put them through an M BA degree and a totally amoral moron comes out the other end ‘communicating’ it utter gibberish on behalf of the so called capitalist system. However, their idea of free enterprise is to be free enough to rip-off employees, sub-contractors and the tax system to ‘corporate advantage'.
    Am I on the right track here?

#4 john1010101, Sep 8, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2020

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.