1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Should i come out to my best friend?

Discussion in 'Questioning & General LGBT' started by Erasmus, May 16, 2018 at 1:11 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Erasmus

Erasmus Lurker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone and i hope you’re having a wonderful day !
    First of all I’d like to apologize for my English if i make myself not so clear but i hope I don’t.

So I’m still in the closet for everyone in my life except the ones who i sleep with which are always only for one night stand, i live in middle east so you must have heard about how hard it is to be gay here, it might threaten my life if others know about my sexuality whether it is for religious reasons or some stupid beliefs of manhood and stuff.

Anyways, I’ve had a crush on someone for a while and we started as friends then our relationship developed to be something over best friends without him knowing that I’m even gay ! Surely, with time that crush has become even greater, Love.
    Yes, i fell in love with my best friend who I couldn’t tell about my sexuality as I would never know how he would react, for him we are like brothers and I don’t wanna lose that precious relationship but at the same time this love would never be responded to the same way, he is straight and has a GF yet I couldn’t let go of these feelings for him, i know I can’t have him as a lover but at the same time i need someone to trust with who i am as it is a very heavy burden to carry alone and have no one to talk about to, that’s why I’ve been thinking to come out to him and tell him everything even though I don’t know if we will remain friends after doing so, for some of you my issue might be childish but in the place I’m at I can’t expect the reaction, i know him enough to know that he would never hurt me in anyway but I’m not sure if he would accept what i am and support me or if he is going to end our relationship for good.
    What should i do ?

2. homoismyhobby
    Amused

homoismyhobby Curious Explorer
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for replying so late!
    If you believe your life would be in danger if you told anybody - don't come out. But then again, if you feel you can trust him enough to tell him then do tell him - but perhaps don't mention that your interested in him romantically as he is in a relationship?
    This is just my opinion but I hope everything works out for you!

3. Spob
    Apelike

Spob Expert Homosexual
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    Don’t tell him, he is straight and in a relationship. Keep his friendship. Maybe one day he can be happy for you and someone else.

If you aren’t in a supportive place, just focus on yourself and stay safe.

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.