1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Say WHAT?

Discussion in 'Transgender' started by AudryLeigh, Dec 6, 2017.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
  1. AudryLeigh
    Confused

AudryLeigh tGirl and Dedicated Advisor
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +907 / 0 / -17
    First off, what movement are you referring to? Secondly, how are you going to do that? Trans and cis people are physically different. There is no way to change that, and no way to eradicate physical differences between people.

If you are trans, no matter how desperately you wish you were cis, nothing in this world can make that wish come true. Get over it! Being trans is actually something to be proud of. Cis people had their sex handed to them on a silver platter - trans people had to work, and usually suffer for it, and having successfully done so is something to be proud of, not something to be denied, or swept under the rug. Face it! Own it! Be Proud of it!

Please note: I am NOT saying that trans women are not women in every sense of the word, or trans men not men in every sense of the word. They deserve the same respect, consideration, and treatment as their cis counterparts but, quite simply, and in very concrete ways, they are NOT the SAME!

And what movement, exactly, is dedicated to eradicating the difference between trans and cis? Plainly put, there is no such movement, and if there were it would be doomed to failure from it's inception. Please people, let go of this fantasy of there being no difference between trans and cis. I'm a trans woman. Sure, I would love it if I had been born a female (i.e. if I were a cis woman), but I wasn't. Thank God there's a way to go from being male to being essentially female - that process saved my life! To be essentially female is to be female in every essential way. What more do you needed? If you feel being essentially female is not good enough, you're doomed to disappointment. I'm so happy to be able to be essentially female, that what little differences remain between me and a cis woman fade entirely into insignificance. Rejoice in the fact that modern medical science provides a way to transition from one sex to the other, in every essential way. Don't diminish that wonderful opportunity by condemning it as incomplete, as not good enough.

Sincerely,
    Audry Leigh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. ShauntSerelu
    Balanced

ShauntSerelu Juliette, trans girl, sapiosexual, bi.
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -1
    our entire movement is dedicated to eradicating the differentiation between trans and cis people.

^this is just another method of transgender erasure. Essentially if you can't see us we're no longer your problem.^

#2 ShauntSerelu, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:17 AM
  3. anon_abstraction
    Artistic

anon_abstraction Taylor, the devil's plan

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -0
    I don't know exactly what's going on but if this is one of those, "you must pass to be respected" kinduva things then pardon my language, fuck that.

4. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    Trionaid, I'm not sure we would survive an actual movement if it were to exist. There are comparatively so few of us and with so little backup; it would be put down in pretty short order.

Hell to be honest about it, the L and Gs only just tolerate us and the Bs sorta almost relate because there tolerated a lil bit more.

The feminist barely tolerate the MtFs. Because "They aren't REAL women". But at least we aren't men.

The testosterone packs are a smidge easier on the FtMs but not by much.

We are so readily murdered globally that I'm surprised there aren't seasonal trans tags with bag limits.

We pretty much have had to rely on the presidents set by other sub cultures in relation, to achieve anything. Look at how well the bathroom thing went. That was our own unique problem and it pretty much stalled because we simply don't have the numbers to effect change without serious support.

Unless we were to all move to one relitivly small city we don't have the numbers to mold policy anywhere.

Sorry but .3 percent of the population isn't going to amount to a movement ever.

Eradication of the differentiation between trans and cis is about as likely as Donald Trump starting female HRT. Though that would definitely help.

#4 Erin.b, Dec 6, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 3:43 PM
  5. SwordArts

SwordArts Dedicative Advisor
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +314 / 0 / -0
    I want to blend in but not my identity eradicated. Anyone who is trans can offer a unique perspective on gender and how different genders are treated.
    Besides, there are things I have done that I wouldn’t have achieved if I had been born a cis male.

6. ShauntSerelu
    Balanced

ShauntSerelu Juliette, trans girl, sapiosexual, bi.

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -1
    Actually, more recent estimates we're saying .6 percent. Not that I'm disagreeing with the rest of your post.

7. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    3/500 is actually pretty good growth! Still not a movement but twice as good as 3/1000! That means we each only have to fend off a maximum of 167 people.... Unless two of us are on vacation. Then someone gets stuck with 497!

(Kidding by the way. I know that everybody who isn't trans doesn't hate trans).

8. Cassie.

Cassie. Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just cant agree with your post.
    The difference between trans and cis depend alot of the age you decide to transition. Ofc i agree if the person start his transition at 50 years old ...
    But someone one who start really early his transition, If we dont talk about the DNA and what is between their legs, can be same as cis man/woman. The skeleton, hips, no breast or breast, size of shoulder .. ect. If the person start his transition as a young adult, Yes he/she might not look 100% same as a cis but still, it is details dependant of the person... I am not sure how you can love cis person but not trans. it just dont make sense to me. When i meet a girl, i wont ask her if she is cis or trans. If she look good, she look good... >>> lesbian too

+ Before you edited your post, you said that trans vagina is just cosmetic. like really? i dont know from where you are but, in montreal we have one of the best surgeons for sexe change... and the techniques has alot changed since 5 years. Only about the fact that we cant get pregnants yet ( could propably in less then 10 years ,since they implanted an uterus with sucess and the woman got a baby)...Is it what you meant by cosmetics? cauz most got feellings ect. So still desagree.

How many men/person slept with trans girls without knowing they were born as guy. Sorry, i just cant agree with you.

*sorry <french canadian here :D 

#8 Cassie., Dec 7, 2017 at 8:52 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:16 AM
  9. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    I think Audry was making a philosophical point.

Yes an early transition can and often is indistinguishable from a natal female.

Yes fundamentally, the transitioned are the gender that they strive to be.

But we as transwomen and transmen may be doing a disservice to others of our kind by transitioning and fading away in the crowd or hiding in shame. I think the point was that;
    1. We are far from an organized political movement.
    2. We should stand up and be proud of who and what we are, as well as what we've achieved.
    Beyond that the mention of how many men unknowingly slept with t-girls brings me to the point of calling for consideration of:
    1. Why we tend to be loathed
    2. Why killing us seems like such a nifty idea to cismales.

10. Cassie.

Cassie. Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I dont know really. Before she edited her post, she were saying that there are 4 genders. (Woman, Man, Trans Woman and Trans Man like if we were in a category appart.) I just cant agree with it. Stop separating us.!
    Maybe she identify as a trans woman to the world but not all trans identify their gender like trans. Trans is not even a gender, it is a '' status''. It just mean that you changed your gender, that all.

If she tell to everyone that she is trans, that is good but dosnt mean that we are all obligated to identify ourself as trans to public. For many ,me include, it is private and only people close to us know. It dosnt mean that we are shamed of it. I just joinned a girl car club ... should i say, what sups ladies, im trans ... does i have my place here? No! i just join it and live a normal life.

I know that i can sound a bit '' mad '' but i am not. im french and its how i make my sentence xD maybe i should add somes ''smiles'' lol.

-''Why killing us seems like such a nifty idea to cismales.''
    I dont know from where you are but in canada we dont have those problems. Majority of people are so open minded. im surprised ... But i think it is important to tell the man/woman before sex just by respect and be sure that he wont take it bad and hurt you ... So i cant say really anything about it. Guess they got shame of themself and they wanna ''clean it'' from their minds. honestly i dont know. :(  Somes are just crazy and we are easy targets. Black trans woman are the unlucky. ;(.

-''Why we tend to be loathe''
    I personally think that its just cauz they dont understand us. For them, we decide to change gender only by preference. the same way that you pick your lunch for dinner. It is hard to understand what is gender dysphoria and what we living if you never got it. I dont think the majority hate us. Maybe my opinion would be different if i was living in usa tho. People there seems a bit crazy :3.

#10 Cassie., Dec 7, 2017 at 9:58 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 10:10 AM
  11. anon_abstraction
    Artistic

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -0
    Yeah not to distract from the topic, definitely more than 4, feeling more than a little erased on this thread :( . Just saying, carry on.

12. Cassie.

Cassie. Greenhorn

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I know there are more then 2 gender, but trans man and trans woman arent genders but status

#12 Cassie., Dec 7, 2017 at 10:26 AM
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 10:32 AM
  13. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    *hugs her lil sister and pats her head*

14. anon_abstraction
    Artistic

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -0
    Also, the last post before the last day or so was made July 2016. I checked and trionaid hasn't been active since the 23rd of October. How was this thread even found?

15. CoffeeUnicorn34
    Kickass

CoffeeUnicorn34 B A K U R A◆Thief King Badass
    Moderator Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +1,090 / 0 / -3
    What the bloody hell is going on here?
    [​IMG] Q
    I come on here and we be talking about eradicating difference between trans and cis. Can somepony catch me up to speed?

16. anon_abstraction
    Artistic

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -0
    I have no idea, Bakura. Some random thread was unearthed from the depths and people are not happy about it. I don't even know how it was found but it's making a big hullabolluw.

From what I can tell, people are attaking a person who hasn't been active since October. Trionaid is going to come back to a BILLION tags, and she isn't even here to clear anything up. IMO it's cruel to destroy a person who isn't even here to defend herself. ESPECIALLY when people are crawling down MY throat for "misinterpreting" someone else.

The situation to me looks like the following. A transwoman on a trasngender forum, who made a post a year ago is being attacked and isn't here to defend herself because, from what I can, tell a cis male dragged up a year old post. Doesn't seem fair to me, but whatevs, I guess.

17. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    We have been had by a necromancer.

I know I feel sheepish.

18. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    Cut us some slack sis. We didn't think to check the date on the necroed thread (twice actually)

Opps.

But any mod can clean this up with a few clicks

19. anon_abstraction
    Artistic

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -0
    It was supposed to be said with an exasperated sigh. Not a "you are all terrible HOW DARE YOU?!". Stuff happens, I really don't care altogether that much. I just didn't understand why everyone got so darned mad. I certainly wasn't. I certainly still am not. You are all cool with me. You have all the slack you want.

20. Erin.b
    Wishful

Erin.b ♀ @ ❤
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 1 / -1
    *Runs around twirling slack!*

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.