1. Like the site? Help us keep it running! For $5 you can help keep the site running smoothly and disable ads for life. The site is funded by donations like this and minimal ad revenue: Click here to donate $5. Thank you!

Relapse

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by River W., Feb 10, 2019 at 11:33 AM.  |  Print Topic

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. River W.
    Jammie

River W. The Legend of LGBT
    Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +2,105 / 1 / -13
    Relapse: noun, "a deterioration in someone's state of health after a temporary improvement."

For the past few days I've been feeling... empty. I was fine about Aj's passing for a while, up until a few days ago. I just miss them so much. I find it hard to focus on things, or just be happy, knowing that they're not here anymore. We used to talk over the weekend all the time. We'd send weird memes to each other, talk about random stuff, and just have a good time. A few nights ago, I found a really great meme, and I was just about to send it to Aj... but then I remembered. It's just so weird. Seeing their account still there on discord, knowing that it'll never be active again.

I guess relapse is the best way to describe what I'm going through right now. I know it's normal to be going through this considering what happened. I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm just trying to keep myself sane at this point. Listening to music, drawing, writing, watching funny videos, talking to friends and family. That's what I normally do when i'm feeling under the weather. I'm not sure what else there is I can do. It's not bad enough to where I might need a therapist or something. Let's hope that it doesn't get that bad. Right now I'm just... meh. But I'm working towards feeling better.

I guess I'm making this post to let you guys in on how I'm doing. I don't want you to be in the dark on this.

2. Supporter
    Magical

Supporter Lord of Rainbows | Local Editor | O Wise One
    Premium Supporter Beloved Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1
    Love, if you ever need someone to talk to I am here. You might not know me, But I am a good listener.

I have no idea what you have gone through, but I have has a similar experience. One of my good friends whom I met online passed away. She was such an amazing person. Every time I found something funny I would send it to her because I knew it would make her laugh. I started noticing her little icon wouldn't show up as online a lot, and eventually her older sister got on and told me that she passed away. I was so lost for so long. It was hard to even get back on the platform to talk to my other friends. Even though we are online, we still develop a friendship and it is so hard to lose that.

But know this, it will get easier. Sadly the empty feeling will never go away, but it does get easier to cope with. Losing someone in real life or online will always leave you feeling empty, but you will get through it. It will be a hard and bumpy road, but you will get there.

Again, I am always here if you wish to talk or just for me to listen.

Be strong angel <3

#2 Supporter, Feb 10, 2019 at 11:32 PM
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 2:11 PM

Support the site and hide ads for life for $5. Click here to donate.